Are you looking for what to do in Cebu City?
PLACES TO SEE
- Basilica de Santo Nino: One of the most famous attractions in Cebu city, the Basilica Del Santo Nino is also amongst the oldest Roman Catholic churches in Philippines. The basilica is a sight worth revering when it is all decked up during the Sinulog Festival. The church was made on the spot where an image of child Jesus was found by Spanish explorers in the 16th Century.
- Cebu Taoist Temple: The Cebu Taoist temple is one of the prettiest sights of Cebu city. The temple stands proudly tall, at an elevation of about 900 feet from sea level. Tranquil peace engulfs you as you enter the Taoist Temple, a calm spirituality takes over the scattered mind. Try your luck with the block of wood while you’re here; drop two blocks of wood and if both the blocks are face up, you get to make a wish. This is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Cebu.
- Museo Sugbo: Once the Provincial Jail of Cebu , this museum was incorporated at this historic place in 2004 and since has attracted thousands of visitors for not just the uniqueness of the location but also the richness of its exhibits. The exhibitions take visitors through various phases of Philippine history; right from the Stone Age to the revolution of 1898 to even the American Liberation.
THINGS TO DO
- Scuba Diving: Cebu has been blessed with amazing sea life and crystal clear waters. The surrounding islands of Malapascua and Moalboal offer some stunning underwater views. Scuba diving is by far one of the most fun things to do in Cebu city.
- Snorkeling: For those who prefer the leisurely alternative to scuba diving, Cebu and its surrounding islands provide many opportunities to discover the colorful sea bed and exotic fishes.
Below we have a list of things to do in Cebu City and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Cebu City getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Cebu City with confidence.