Saint Vitus Church380 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Kostelni, CeskyKrumlov, Czech Republic, Cesky Krumlov
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +420-380711336
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Tower, Architecture
It is said that the two towers of the city which make up page Maine landmarks it represents the two ruling powers of its history. While the castle tower represents the royalty, the church tower represents God. The Soaring multi-storied structure was built to accommodate the Region's quickly growing population. Consecrated in 1439, after the end of the Hussite Wars, The architectural style of the church has neo-Gothic and Baroque influences. The church is a treasure chest of beautiful religious art. Check out the Rococo style altar, the Resurrection Chapel, the St. Jan of Nepomuk chapel, late gothic choir parapet, and the baptism fountain. Anna Maria of Baden and Wilhelm von Rosenberg are entombed here, as are the relics and remains of various other historical figures. During summer and New Year's, the church organizes classical music concerts.
Saint Vitus Church Travel Tips
- Visit the attraction website for a full description of the church's history and contents. It is quite an intriguing read.
Saint Vitus Church Hours
- The hours given are taken from a secondary source. Call the attraction before your visit to confirm opening hours.
How to Reach Saint Vitus Church
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cesky Krumlov before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cesky Krumlov and book an accommodation of your choice.
52.78% of people who visit Cesky Krumlov include Saint Vitus Church in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
38.1% of people start their Saint Vitus Church visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Saint Vitus Church
61.21% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Saint Vitus Church