How to Reach Cessnock
- By Air: The nearest airports are Newcastle and Sydney. There are several international and domestic airlines that service Sydney airport and Newcastle has domestic flights from Sydney, Gold Coast, Brisbane and Melbourne daily. Cessnock is a short drive from either place. There is also an airport located in the city but Cessnock Airport only caters to private charters and helicopters.
- By Train: The most convenient trail station is Morisset train station, which is a 40-minute drive from Cessnock and has direct trains from Sydney. One can also take a train from Newcastle to Maitland, which has regular bus services from the station to Cessnock bus depot.
- By Bus: Rover Coaches operates buses to Cessnock from Newcastle via Kurri Kurri and from Morisset Train station as well. While there are no public buses from Sydney directly to Cessnock, Greyhound operates buses from Sydney to Maitland. One can also opt for several private coaches that operate tours to the wine region from Sydney.
- By Car/Taxi: Happy Cabby operates airport shuttle services on advance booking from Sydney Airport to Cessnock and the Hunter Valley wine region. There are also several car rental companies in Sydney and Newcastle.
- By Bus: Rover Coaches operates bus routes within the city and to nearby regions. The bus routes go through most major areas with convenient stops. There are also several private operators that run services to the wine regions and surrounding cities.
- By Taxi/Car: Cessnock Radio Cabs can be booked online or via telephone and are an easy way to navigate the city. There are also several car rental companies in the city that are ideal if one wants to explore the wine country.