Hunter Valley ZooCurrently Closed
- Address: 138 Lomas Ln, Nulkaba NSW 2325, Australia, Cessnock
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-249907714
- Ticket Price: 20 AUD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Wildlife Park, Zoo, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Nature
Hunter Valley Zoo - Review
Located in the Hunter Valley wine region just outside of Cessnock, the zoo is small but fun trip for the whole family. Visitors can see the animals at close quarters and even feed them during the feeding times. There are a wide variety of animals including monkeys, American Alligators, Tasmanian Devils, kangaroos, koalas, dingoes, reptiles and native birds. There are daily shows and encounters with the animals where visitors can pet a wombat and even cuddle a koala! The zoo also has a gift shop.
Hunter Valley Zoo Information
- There are free gas BBQ facilities and picnic grounds here.
- Bring your own camera and make the most of photo-ops with the animals.
- There are daily feeding times that visitors can participate in, call the zoo for information.
- The zoo has disabled access.
- Snacks and refreshments are available.
Hunter Valley Zoo Ticket Prices
- Children (3-15 years)- $12.00 AUD; Concession- $18.00 AUD; Family pass (2 Adults - 2 Children)- $60.00 AUD; Extra Children- $10.00 AUD; Children under 3 are free.
How To reach Hunter Valley Zoo by Public Transport
- Bus Stop: Nulkaba Post Office Allandale Rd by Bus 167 Cessnock To Nulkaba Loop.
Restaurants Near Hunter Valley Zoo
- Old Brickworks Brasserie
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cessnock before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cessnock and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Hunter Valley Zoo
95% of people who visit Cessnock include Hunter Valley Zoo in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
88.1% of people start their Hunter Valley Zoo visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Hunter Valley Zoo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hunter Valley Zoo
Hunter Valley Zoo Map
Hunter Valley Zoo Trips
Hunter Valley Zoo, Cessnock Reviews
An amazing place. Animals so well looked after and a very pleasant place to spend the day. Take a packed lunch ( no cafe) and enjoy. Staff were great too, happy to tell us about the animals. And when those lions roar ... Awesome ☺☺
Haven't been here since the late 90's/early 2000! But the last time we were here, I never laughed so hard in my life! 😂😂 Reason: DON'T STAND IN FRONT OF A CHIMPANZEE ENCLOSURE AND EAT A BANANA! My father-in-law did just that whilst we stopped to look at them! Next thing, a chimpanzee sneakily comes up, grabs the banana he was eating and runs off with it!😂😂 We were in hysterics after that! Then there was Kangaroo Walk-through.......my ex decided she'd be the one to feed them the bread (her being tiny....4ft nothing tiny).....and they all start coming up to her wanting the bread.....4ft against 6ft+......you do the math......6ft wins!😂😂 They started surrounding her, she freaks out, throws the bread and runs for her life! 😂😂 We were in hysterics after that as well! 😂😂 But yeah, coming here was great and we all enjoyed ourselves! It was a great day out! Definitely have to come back for another visit!
Absolutely awesome some experience I had here. Some Zoos can be a saddening experience, but this place definitely wasn't. The staff genuinely care a great deal about the animals, and this is reflected in his happy and healthy they are. Make sure you spend the extra on the Meerkat experience, it was brilliant. You get to sit on the ground and hand feed them, and have them running and climbing all over you. Definitely a place you must visit, and somewhere I'll be coming back to often. Have BBQ areas dotted throughout the place too, would be an awesome place for a party.
Great medium sized zoo. Informative talks every half hour. Welcomes guests with food and offers free use of BBQs. Great day out
Super kid friendly. Staff is really helpful and kind, too. A good variety of exhibits and a well stocked gift shop.
All QuestionsHunter valley zoo
- Latin American Council-Chrstn
- Dos-Amigos Park
- Los Banos City Hall
- Lifetree Church
- Seventh Day Adventist Church
- Yosemite National Park
- Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints, Los Banos Ward Bishop's Office
- Premiere Cinemas
- Vision Familiar
- Pacheco's Nightclub
- Los Banos Cinemas
- Volta Community Health Center
- Ministerio Apostolico El Buen Samaritano
- Gardens II Park
- Ranchwood Park