Olney State ForestCurrently Open
- Address: Watagan Forest Road, Laguna, Cessnock, New South Wales 2325, Australia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Forest, Trail, Camp, Walking Area, Tourist Center, Leisure, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
About Olney State Forest, Cessnock
The Olney State Forest is an ideal place for camping and picnicking. The perfect getaway for nature lovers, the forest has several camping areas and nature trails suitable walking and biking. The Pines Picnic area, which is the most popular area in the forest, has a trail that leads to the Abbot Falls. The Casuarina Camping Area accommodates caravans and trailers and is located close to several trails. The Rock Lily Trail is a picturesque walk among rock lilies, geebungs and ferns. The Basin Camping area is open and grassy with easy access and a flowing creek that can be used for swimming in warmer months.
Olney State Forest Information
- The trails are not maintained and visitors are advised to be cautious.
- Ensure you carry enough food, refreshments and other important supplies.
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing that is weather appropriate.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cessnock before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cessnock and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Olney State Forest
95% of people who visit Cessnock include Olney State Forest in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
72.16% of people start their Olney State Forest visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Olney State Forest
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Olney State Forest
Olney State Forest Map
Olney State Forest Trips
Olney State Forest, Cessnock Reviews
Too many bogans playing loud music at night
It's a forest with decent accessibility. Leo in mind it's a state forest. Great for mountain biking, enduro or 4*4.
Watagan & Olney State Forest is a real gem. Close to the M1 for easy access. Perfect for picnics and forest drives. Take your 4WD and explore the rougher tracks and a great place for motorcycling.
Great place for camping and a great bush walk along the creek
All QuestionsOlney state forest
- La Recova
- Biblioteca Publica Municipal Canillejas
- Iglesia De San Agustín (Madrid)
- La Copa Del Veo Veo
- St Barnabas Church Centre
- Parroquia De Nuestra Señora De Las Victorias
- Biblioteca Publica Municipal Vaguada
- Cripta De La Catedral / Parroquia De Santa María La Real De La Almudena
- Bingo Princesa
- Jesus Gomez Jimenez
- Santa Ana
- Bolivar United Methodist Church
- Braintree Railway Station