Richmond Vale Railway MuseumCurrently Closed
While the museum itself is small and more focussed on the mining industry, the main attraction here are the train rides. The museum runs trains first three Sundays of each month and every Sunday during School Holidays. There are also miniature train rides available that run in a loop on fuel on regular days and steam during special events. There are also old locomotives on display here. The museum holds as annual Model Exhibition where model trains of different gauges are exhibited in the main building.
Richmond Vale Railway Museum Travel Tips
- Full-sized train rides are included in the Admission Fee except for special events.
- The return trip to Pelaw Main takes just under an hour.
- There is ample parking available here.
- Facilities like Canteen, Toilets, Disabled Access, Picnic Areas are all available here.
- Group Bookings and charters are available for mid week tours, weddings, other special events, social club outings, Christmas parties etc.
Entrance Ticket Details For Richmond Vale Railway Museum
- Concession $10 AUD; Child (5-15yrs) $8 AUD.
Richmond Vale Railway Museum Hours
- First train at 10:30 am & last train at 3:00 pm.
How to Reach Richmond Vale Railway Museum
- Bus Stop: Pelawmain Stanford St Near Hebburn St on Bus No. 163.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Cessnock before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cessnock and book an accommodation of your choice.
57.66% of people who visit Cessnock include Richmond Vale Railway Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
80.77% of people start their Richmond Vale Railway Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Richmond Vale Railway Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Richmond Vale Railway Museum