Werakata National ParkCurrently Open
- Address: Lovedale NSW 2325, Australia, Cessnock
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +61-265745555
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, Wildlife Sanctuary , Wildlife Park, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Nature
About Werakata National Park, Cessnock
Located only 9 kms from Cessnock is Werakata National Park. The park is loved by locals and tourists alike. Owing to its proximity to Sydney, it is an ideal day trip for weekend getaways. There is a lot to do at the park like bird watching, cycling, hiking and picnicking. There are great cycling and walking trails and in spring they’re lined with purple, orange and yellow wildflowers. One can bring along a basket of food and relax at the Astills Picnic Area, which has sturdy tables and shaded sitting. One can also cycle along Deadman’s Mountain Bike Loop or Astills Trail, both of which are easy, flat and suitable for any fitness level.
The park is also a great place for bird watchers as there are great opportunities to spot brightly coloured bush birds flying low as well as several species of birds like swift parrot, regent honeyeater and robins.
Werakata National Park Information
- Put sunscreen on before you set out.
- Remember to take a hat and drinking water.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch.
- Drinking water is not available in this area so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park.
Werakata National Park Opening and Closing Hours
- The park is open all the time unless there is danger due to weather conditions or risk of forest fires.
How To reach Werakata National Park by Public Transport
- The best way to get here is by a taxi or car, as there is no public transport nearby.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cessnock before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cessnock and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Werakata National Park
95% of people who visit Cessnock include Werakata National Park in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
39.51% of people start their Werakata National Park visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Werakata National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Werakata National Park
Werakata National Park Map
Werakata National Park Trips
Werakata National Park, Cessnock Reviews
All QuestionsWerakata national park
- Murrayville United Methodist Church
- Double L Quarter Horses
- Murrayville Baptist Church
- Murrayville United Methodist Parsonage
- Sandy Creek Baptist Assoc
- Murrayville House Of Prayer
- Little Egypt Woodmen Camp
- Faith Church Of God
- St Paul's Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Calvary Southern Baptist Church
- West Frankfort Bowl
- Depot Veterans Memorial & Coal Miner's Memorial
- Third Baptist Church
- Harmony Freewill Baptist Church
- Strawberry Meadows