Werakata National Park, Cessnock
Werakata National Park - A Quick Overview
Address: Lovedale NSW 2325, Australia
Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 867 times in trip plans
National Park, Wildlife Sanctuary , Wildlife Park, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Werakata National Park, Cessnock
Located only 9 kms from Cessnock is Werakata National Park. The park is loved by locals and tourists alike. Owing to its proximity to Sydney, it is an ideal day trip for weekend getaways. There is a lot to do at the park like bird watching, cycling, hiking and picnicking. There are great cycling and walking trails and in spring they’re lined with purple, orange and yellow wildflowers. One can bring along a basket of food and relax at the Astills Picnic Area, which has sturdy tables and shaded sitting. One can also cycle along Deadman’s Mountain Bike Loop or Astills Trail, both of which are easy, flat and suitable for any fitness level.
The park is also a great place for bird watchers as there are great opportunities to spot brightly coloured bush birds flying low as well as several species of birds like swift parrot, regent honeyeater and robins.
Werakata National Park Information
- Put sunscreen on before you set out.
- Remember to take a hat and drinking water.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch.
- Drinking water is not available in this area so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park.
Werakata National Park Opening and Closing Hours
- The park is open all the time unless there is danger due to weather conditions or risk of forest fires.
How To reach Werakata National Park by Public Transport
- The best way to get here is by a taxi or car, as there is no public transport nearby.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Cessnock before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Cessnock and book an accommodation of your choice.
Werakata National Park, Cessnock Reviews
- Recently Added Point of Interest in Cessnock