Are you looking for what to do in Chamarel?
- Curious Corner of Chamarel: A place with mazes, mirrors and optical illusions! A total mind-bender!
- Rhumerie de Chamarel: A distillery with delectable Rum and A la carte restaurant.
- Ganga Talao/ Grand Basin: A Hindu pilgrimage site, the crater is known for its scenic beauty and the statues of Hindu Gods and Goddesses.
- Chamarel Coloured Earth: A geological formation exhibiting sand dunes in seven colours!
- Chamarel Waterfall: Mighty waterfalls plunging 95 metres in a single drop.
- Chamarel Parc Adventure: A recently added tourist attraction in Chamarel that you can’t miss out! Best known for zip-lines, plank bridges, climbing nets and adventure activities.
- Black River Gorges National Park: One and only National park of Mauritius; spread over 6754 hectares of area and home to endemic as well as endangered flora and fauna. Known for its hiking trails!
Below we have a list of things to do in Chamarel and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Chamarel getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Chamarel with confidence.