Chanderi FortCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Chanderi, Madhya Pradesh 473446, India
- Timings: 06:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: View Point, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Fort
About Chanderi Fort, Chanderi
Built in the 11th century, the Fort was where the Battle of Chanderi was fought and where Mughal Emperor Babur captured the city from Medini Rai. The main gate of the fort is called ‘Khooni Darwaza’referring to the criminals that were thrown from the walls above.
Today, the Hawa Mehal and Nau Khanda Mahal sections of the Mahal still remain strong and offer a peek into the history of the city!
The view of the town from here,completes the visit.
Chanderi Fort Ticket Prices
- Admission to the place is free.
Chanderi Fort Opening and Closing Hours
- Open from Sunrise to Sunset every day.
How To reach Chanderi Fort by Public Transport
- By Bus: Khandar Ji Tiarh Kshetra Circle Bus Stop
- By Rickshaw
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chanderi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chanderi and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Chanderi Fort
95% of people who visit Chanderi include Chanderi Fort in their plan
38.46% of people start their Chanderi Fort visit around 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Chanderi Fort
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chanderi Fort