- Address: Chanderi, Ashok Nagar, Madhya Pradesh 473446, India
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Built in the 13th century, the Jama Masjid at Chanderi is the oldest and largest mosque in Bundelkhand. The mono-color building with small embellishments, open arches and delicate additions, adds to the minimalist grace of the mosque.
The courtyard is attached to the main prayer hall. The highlight of the place is the plaque with the name of name of ‘Dilawar Khan Ghori’ that belonged to the site of ruins at Tamarpura.For casual visitors, the place is a small getaway and is loved for its serene environment.
- Admission to the place is free.
- The place is open for visits daily. Only the Friday prayers are held here.
- Recommended time of arrival is 9:00 am - 6:00 pm.
- By Bus: Khandar Ji Tiarh Kshetra Circle Bus Stop
- By Rickshaw
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chanderi before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chanderi and book an accommodation of your choice.
18.18% of people who visit Chanderi include Jama Masjid in their plan
95% of people start their Jama Masjid visit around 2 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Jama Masjid
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jama Masjid
People normally also visit Parameshwar Tal while planning their trip to Jama Masjid.