Things to do in Chanderi
Top Tourist Attractions in Chanderi
Must see places in Chanderi ranked on popularity. Here is the complete list of best attractions in Chanderi and point of interests to visit.
- #1 of 12 Things To Do in Chanderi Koshak Mahal Added 71 times in Trip Plans
- #2 of 12 Things To Do in Chanderi Badal Mahal Gate Added 245 times in Trip Plans
- #3 of 12 Things To Do in Chanderi Chanderi Fort Added 71 times in Trip Plans
- #4 of 12 Things To Do in Chanderi Kati Ghati Gateway Added 71 times in Trip Plans
- #5 of 12 Things To Do in Chanderi Archeological Museum Added 71 times in Trip Plans
- #6 of 12 Things To Do in Chanderi Jama Masjid Added 12 times in Trip Plans
- #7 of 12 Things To Do in Chanderi Rajghat Dam Added 48 times in Trip Plans
- #8 of 12 Things To Do in Chanderi Parameshwar Tal Added 44 times in Trip Plans
- #9 of 12 Things To Do in Chanderi Johar Memorial Monument Added 12 times in Trip Plans
Find Your Chanderi Attractions on Map
Types of Things To Do in Chanderi
Find more attractions and places to visit in Chanderi under these things to do categories.
Best places to go and to do in Chanderi
Chanderi’s small town can be best explored in 2 days. The splendid architecture of Koshak Mahal built in true Afghani style and the Badal Mahal Gate add to the history of Madhya Pradesh.A visit to the Chanderi Fort is mesmerizing and the view of the Betwa river is just as enchanting. The city of Chanderi is mentioned in ‘Mahabharata’ – an iconic mythology book belonging to the Hindu culture. The fort dates back to the 11th century and was built for the Mughal Army leaded by Babur. The famous Khuni Darwaza Chanderi is a part of this fort. Today, the fort’s grand architecture and sturdy form still survives to form one of the most popular attractions in Chanderi. A short trip to the Archeological Museum gets you face-to-face to old artefacts sculptures and relics that trace the history of Jain culture. The Chanderi museum complement the ASI museum and showcases coins, tools, dioramas and trace the birth of Jainism in the city to its disruption by the Malwa Sultanate.
The legend of Kati Ghati Gateway being carved in one night is one of the many interesting places in Chanderi while the Sacred sites of Jama Masjid and Jaintemples gives you a lesson in spirituality.During evenings, don’t forget to take a long walk around the Ramnagar Palace near the ‘Ghat’ where you can see locals taking a dip in the lake or simply sit on the steps to absorb the serene view all around. If you are carving for gorgeous views, the Rajghat Dam offers just that and more with the nearby park that is perfect for a small stopover when in Chanderi. The Jauhar Monument that stands in the memory of the 600 women who committed suicide during Babur’s attack on the fort, is one of the most poignant places in the town. Don’t forget to buy gorgeous Chanderi sarees at ‘Chanderi Sarees Artsy India’ and ‘Chanderi's Sarees’ located close to the town center, as you bid adieu to yet another of Madhya Pradesh’s enchanting towns.
Explore the travel planning tool for your visit to Chanderi and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
What To Do in Chanderi: Day-Wise Ideas
Find what not to miss in Chanderi! Recommended Chanderi itineraries and vacation ideas created by travelers across the world.
- Things To Do in Nearby Cities
- Things to do in Chennai
- Things to do in Jaipur
- Things to do in Panaji
- Things to do in Varanasi
- Things to do in Mount Abu
- Things to do in Bandhavgarh National Park
- Things to do in Bhopal
- Things to do in Lucknow
- Things to do in Bhubaneshwar
- Things to do in Digha
- More Places on TripHobo to visit
- Things to do in chittorgarh
- Things to do in Kollam
- Things to do in Lansdowne
- Things to do in Munnar
- Things to do in Coimbatore
- Things to do in Arambol
- Things to do in Havelock Island
- Things to do in Alleppey
- Things to do in Puri
- Things to do in Sagar