Chandigarh Rose Garden, ChandigarhCurrently Closed
- Address: Sector 16, Chandigarh- 160015, India
- Timings: 06:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-1722700054
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Garden, Park, Botanical Garden, Food And Drinks, Family And Kids, Nature, Festival
About Chandigarh Rose Garden, Chandigarh
The Chandigarh Rose Garden is also known as the Zakir Hussain Botanical Gardens as it was dedicated and also inaugurated by the famous Dr. Zakir Hussain. This vast garden has a beautiful collection of a wide range of roses. You will not be able to stop yourself from admiring the beauty of the flowers. This garden was created under the supervision of the former Chief Commissioner of Chandigarh, Mr. M.S. Randhawa. The garden is Asia’s largest garden of this type. Apart from the wide variety of roses the garden also has a collection of rare medicinal plants. Some of these are bel, bahara, harar, camphor and yellow gulmohar. The rose plants are embedded in carved out lawns.
Apart from being a rose lawn, this is also a destination for the Annual Garden festival that is famous all over the world. It is held during the month of March every year. This fest includes all enjoyments including foods, drinks, photography and the view of the colorful roses and cute bonsais. You can also get some tips on gardening and landscaping during this festival. The winner flower pair becomes the rose prince and rose princess.
Chandigarh Rose Garden Information
- Photography is allowed for no cost here.
- Do not pluck any flower or leaf in the garden.
- Do not bring in any food items inside.
- Do not create dirt in the garden.
How To reach Chandigarh Rose Garden by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is the Chandigarh Air force based Airport.
- The nearest railway station is the Chandigarh Junction Railway Station.
Restaurants Near Chandigarh Rose Garden
- Chopper Chimney
- Pal’s Dhaba
- Bistro- Flamme Bois
- Dera Restaurant at Hotel Taj
- Buffet Hut, Chawla’s
- Eating Point
- Sethis’s Sher-e-Punjab
- Tahal Singh’s Chicken Corner
- Pillars, Jullundur
- 5 Aab
- Curry @ 3000 Feet
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chandigarh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chandigarh and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Chandigarh Rose Garden
95% of people who visit Chandigarh include Chandigarh Rose Garden in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
45.75% of people start their Chandigarh Rose Garden visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Chandigarh Rose Garden
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chandigarh Rose Garden
Chandigarh Rose Garden, Chandigarh Reviews
Perfect for long walk, there are many variety of roses which you may had not seen before. Well maintained and Beautifully planted.... I love this garden.
Very good place for walk at any time. Good place for picnic spot because just opposite to market. Runing track and easy free parking facility is also available. Anybody can expoler a good quality of flowers here.
This garden is best of morning and evening walks. There is track available for running which is upto 1km or more which is best thing about it.
Very silent zone.. best for meditation. Here u get very nice Roses. Overall place is good.
Great park and quite a good addition to Mohali. The park is well maintained and has various varieties of rose laid out beautifully. Good place for morning walks and evening strolls. It's good but pales in comparison to the famed Zakir Rose Garden in Chandigarh. All things aside the park is an asset to Mohali.
All QuestionsChandigarh rose garden
- Attractions near Chandigarh Rose Garden
- Hot Millions
- Elante Mall
- International Dolls Museum
- Iskcon Chandigarh Sri Sri Radha Madhav Temple
- Dinosaur Park Sector 49 Chandigarh
- Mahendra Chaudhary Zoological Park
- Capitol Complex
- Barbeque Nation - Chandigarh - Sector 26
- Chandigarh Botanical Garden And Nature Park
- Taj Chandigarh
- Butterfly Park