How to Reach Chandigarh
The Easiest Way to Reach Chandigarh
- By Air: Flights come in from Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Goa and even Srinagar.
- By Train: The Shatabdi Express from Delhi is very popular and almost always fully booked. Book your tickets wayyy in advance. Train names: Paschim Express to Mumbai, Kalka Mail to Howrah, Dehradun-Chandigarh Madras Express (Monday) to Chennai, Kerala Sampark Kranti (Wednesday) to Kochuveli (Kerala), Chandigarh Lucknow Express (daily) to Lucknow, Chandigarh-Jaipur Garib Rath to Jaipur, Chandigarh Bandra Terminus Super-fast Express (Sunday) to Bandra Terminus (Mumbai), Chandigarh Bandra Terminus Super-fast Special (Wednesday) to Bandra Terminus (Mumbai).
- By Car: The city is extremely well connected by road. However, the road can and does get terribly, terribly foggy during winter mornings and nights. Be careful. New Delhi - 260 km, Shimla - 110 km, Manali- 320 km, Dehradun - 175 km, Amritsar - 250 km.
- By Bus: Inter State Bus Terminus in Sector 43 serves destinations to Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Uttaranchal, Jammu, and Delhi. Delhi buses leave practically every 15 minutes. Prices are comparable to trains.
Local transport information for tourists is easily had – Chandigarh prides itself on it’s highly organised public transport services.
- By Bus: The Chandigarh Transport Undertaking (CTU) runs around the city, and also to Mohali and Panchkula. Timings are from 6:00am – 10:00pm. Prices are dirt cheap. You’ll find a complete map of the city’s bus routes at the back of each ticket. The Hop-On-Hop-Off bus, once you buy its ticket, will let you travel the city’s major tourist spots.
- By Car: The city’s cab services are super-comfy and have A/C. Driving around the city in a rented car is a good deal too.
- By Auto-Rickshaw: The pink tuk-tuks will not follow the metred fare. Negotiate before you get on. Official prices are Rs. 10/- for 1st km and Rs. 8.
Modes of Transportation in Chandigarh
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Chandigarh. The most preferred mode of transport in Chandigarh is Car.
Average distance: 14.21 km Average time: 43.71 min
Car 71.43%Driving 26.7 min Walking 2 min Bike 1.5 min Overall average time for 15.2 kms 30.2 min
Bike 7.14%Bike 60 min Overall average time for 12 kms 60 min
Walking 21.43%Walking 63.33 min Driving 15 min Motorbike 5 min Overall average time for 11.67 kms 83.33 min
- Other Cities on Triphobo
- How To Reach Almora
- How To Reach Darjeeling
- How To Reach Udaipur
- How To Reach Shivpuri
- How To Reach Kovalam
- How To Reach Ranikhet
- How To Reach Mandu
- How To Reach Allahabad
- How To Reach Thanjavur
- How To Reach Kufri
- Cities Near Chandigarh
- How To Reach Agra
- How To Reach Leh
- How To Reach Mumbai
- How To Reach Delhi
- How To Reach Amritsar
- How To Reach Chennai
- How To Reach Jaipur
- How To Reach Panaji
- How To Reach Varanasi
- How To Reach Mount Abu