Mata Mansa Devi Mandir, ChandigarhCurrently Open [Closes at 10:00 pm]
- Address: Bilaspur, District Panchkula, Haryana, India, Chandigarh
- Timings: 04:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-1722556328
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
About Mata Mansa Devi Mandir, Chandigarh
The Mansa Devi temple is built in the foothills of the Shivalik Range in the Village of Bilaspur in the Panchkula District of Haryana. It was built during 1811-1815 by Sh. Karam Singh, the then Maharaja of Patiala.
Two temples are located in the Mansa Devi complex and are mainly worshipped in their ‘pindi’ or pebble form. The Mansa Devi in the main sanctorum is worshipped along with Goddess Lakshmi and Goddess Saraswati. The other form of worship is anthropomorphic form on marble. Earlier only the pindis were worshipped by the pilgrims but in recent times a beautiful marble idol is established with ornaments and crown.
The surprising fact is that unlike other Shivalik Temples that follow the Nagara Style of architecture with spiral designs, this temple follows a very traditional Mughal Style of architecture with beautiful domes and minarets. This type of design is also called the Panchayatana design with four minarets with domes at four sides and the main temple with the big dome at the center which forms the fifth.
The Mansa Devi Temple is not only a pilgrimage place but also an example of the fine traditional art style of that era. The murals and paintings are stunning. This not only depicts that of Mansa Devi but includes scenes from Ramayana, paintings of Goddess Durga, Lord Shiva, Navaratnas, Nakshatras and Lord Krishna as well.
Mata Mansa Devi Mandir Information
- Foot wear is not allowed inside.
- Photography in the temple is restricted.
- There are donation boxes for you to drop your donations.
- Do maintain the queue here and do not rush.
How To reach Mata Mansa Devi Mandir by Public Transport
- The nearest airport is the Chandigarh Air force based Airport.
- The nearest railway station is the Chandigarh Junction Railway Station.
Restaurants Near Mata Mansa Devi Mandir
- Food Point Punjabi Junction
- Delhi Famous Chawla
- Mahavir Sweets
- Ashoka Sweets
- Sadi Punjabi Rasoi
- Nukkar Dhaba
- Anupam Sweets
- Sandhya Chinese Foods
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chandigarh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chandigarh and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Mata Mansa Devi Mandir
66.28% of people who visit Chandigarh include Mata Mansa Devi Mandir in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
28.18% of people start their Mata Mansa Devi Mandir visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Mata Mansa Devi Mandir
94.51% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mata Mansa Devi Mandir
Mata Mansa Devi Mandir, Chandigarh Reviews
All QuestionsMata mansa devi mandir
- Attractions near Mata Mansa Devi Mandir
- Hot Millions
- Chandigarh Botanical Garden And Nature Park
- Taj Chandigarh
- Leisure Valley
- Barbeque Nation - Chandigarh - Sector 26
- Butterfly Park
- Elante Mall
- Dinosaur Park Sector 49 Chandigarh
- Mahendra Chaudhary Zoological Park
- Capitol Complex
- The Open Hand Monument