Pinjore Gardens1201 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Shimla Road, Pinjore, Chandigarh- 134102, India Map
- Timings: 07:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-1733230759
- Ticket Price: 20 INR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Family And Kids
Pinjore Garden is also known as Pinore or Yadavindra Gardens. It is located in the Panchkula District of Haryana and is a Mughal Style Garden built by the ancient Patiala Dynasty. The name Yadavindra Garden is given as a symbol of honour to Maharaja Yadavindra Singh of the Patiala Dynasty, the former royals of Chandigarh.
The garden has been laid down comprising of seven broad terraces. The main gateway opens on the highest terrace and there you can see a Rajasthan Style Haweli called the ‘Shish Mahal’ or the ‘palace of glass’ and beside it is the ‘Hawa Mahal’ or the airy palace. The second terrace has beautiful arches and leads to the Rang Mahal or the Painted Palace. The third step or terrace has dense growth of cypress and fruit groves and also beautiful flower beds. The next terrace has the Jal mahal and a square fountain as the name suggests. This is also a lovely spot where you can relax. The next terrace is full of picturesque groves and the lowermost terrace is where an open theatre is set up. It has a disc like structure. There is also a small zoo here. The Baisakhi and the Mango Festivals are very famous here and hundreds of tourists come here during these festive times to enjoy.
Pinjore Gardens Travel Tips
- Photography is not charged in here.
- Entry is free for children below 3 years.
How to Reach Pinjore Gardens
- The nearest airport is the Chandigarh Air force based Airport.
- The nearest railway station is the Chandigarh Junction Railway Station.
- Golden oriole Restaurant
- Oasis Restaurant
- Duggal Bakery
- Saini Dhaba
- Chokhi Dhani
- Raju Palace Restaurant
- Yorks Health Restaurant
- Shelly Restaurant
- Gill Punjabi Dhaba
- Hotel Royal Regency
- Tiber Trail Restaurant
- Ashoka Sweets
- Simran Sweets
- Rajasthani Thali Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chandigarh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chandigarh and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Pinjore Gardens Address: Shimla Road, Pinjore, Chandigarh- 134102, India
- Pinjore Gardens Contact Number: +91-1733230759
- Pinjore Gardens Timing: 07:00 am - 10:00 pm
- Pinjore Gardens Price: 20 INR
- Best time to visit Pinjore Gardens(preferred time): 09:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Time required to visit Pinjore Gardens: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
46.79% of people who visit Chandigarh include Pinjore Gardens in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
29.31% of people start their Pinjore Gardens visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Pinjore Gardens
94.44% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pinjore Gardens
People normally club together Cactus Garden and Gilbert Trail while planning their visit to Pinjore Gardens.