The Rock Garden Of ChandigarhCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Sector No.1, Chandigarh, India
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-0172740645
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Amusement Park, Water Body, Garden, Theatre, Family And Kids, Exhibition
The Rock Garden here consists of exclusive art forms that are made and improvised from urban waste. This garden is on the Banks of the Sukhna Lake. It is an open air area and exhibition hall, theatre trove and a miniature maze all in one place which is nothing less than a fantasy land.
The creator of the park, Mr. Nek Chand was a road inspector in the Engineering Works Department of Chandigarh. He had to roam and inspect parts of the Shivalik Range and this is from where he started collecting stones resembling figures of birds, small animals, human and other forms. The site where the rock garden stands today was a dumping ground and from here Mr. Nek Chand picked many waste materials and eventually shaped them into some amazing structures of humans and other forms. He has also used discarded items and debris material from damaged goods such as bottle caps, handle bars, forks, spoons, crowns, auto parts, soft drink bottles, broken- bangles, pieces of slate, bricks and even human hair.
There is also an open air theatre, a pond, a musician’s court, swimming pool and many other attractions. This place is the must visit on your travel list on your trip to Chandigarh.
- As you walk past the garden walls take a look at them carefully as these are also made of waste materials like broken plates, etc and then attached with the help of cement.
- Photography is allowed for free here.
- Rs 5 for adults
- Rs 3 for children
- The nearest airport is the Chandigarh Air force based Airport.
- The nearest railway station is the Chandigarh Junction Railway Station.
- CITCO Lakeview Cafeteria
- Tikka Express
- Vee Kay Restaurant
- Prem Sweets and Fast Food
- Vrinda, Hot Millions Vatika
- La Stella, Pizza Foresta
- Nick Bakers
- Devendra da Dhaba
- Sherdil Punjabi Dhaba
- Q ‘n’ Grill
- Vijay Juice Corner
- Sindhi Cake Shop
- Sharma Bakery
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chandigarh before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chandigarh and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Chandigarh include The Rock Garden Of Chandigarh in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
88.61% of people start their The Rock Garden Of Chandigarh visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see The Rock Garden Of Chandigarh
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Rock Garden Of Chandigarh