Are you looking for what to do in Chandigarh?
THINGS TO DO AND SEE IN CHANDIGARH
Chandigarh has plenty of things to do and ample of things to see.
- Rock Garden: This is an exclusive place for the visitors. This amazing garden was designed and decorated by Nek Chand, almost 36 years ago. The park is open all round the year, unless, there are some maintenance issues. It is a great place to hang around.
- Sukhna Lake: This is a artificial reservoir, which is built to provide water all over the city. The lake is designed over a vast area and it is worth to see this amazing construction. The place is located almost at the heart of the city, thus easily accessible.
- Rose Garden: One of the best places in Chandigarh! Several types of Asian roses are nourished over here and you will find different varities and different colors of roses. It will be a stunning experience to visit this place. Visitors are warned to pluck any rose.
- Chandigarh Museum: This is another place which is worth to visit if you are interested in the history and culture of the place. You will find several things, which prove the ancient civilization over this place. Apart from that, different aspects of Punjab regiment are also showcased in this museum.
- Cactus Garden: This is another garden in Chandigarh, which offers excellent treat for the eyes of the visitors by showcasing several types of cactus species. Mostly Asian cactus and US cactus can be found at this place. The place is situated nearby the city center.
- Mohali Cricket Ground: If you are at Chandigarh, the visiting this place is must. Mohali cricket ground is one of the best cricket grounds of India and a famous ground too for hosting several exciting cricket matches. If you get a chance then go for a cricket match at this ground.
- Bars and Night Clubs: Night life in the city of Chandigarh is pretty safe and amazing. People of this city are generally fun loving and thus, plenty of night clubs and bars available, suitable for different people with different budgets. Liquor prices are lower than rest of the part of India.
- Shopping: The city has plenty of shopping malls, where you will get all branded products. If you want some local handicraft or products, then visiting the local markets would serve your purposes. Unless you are an ardent shopper, you would not find anything special to buy, except a few heavy woolen sweat-shirts from this place.
Below we have a list of things to do in Chandigarh and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Chandigarh getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Chandigarh with confidence.