How to Reach Changchun
HOW TO GET TO CHANGCHUN
- By Air: Changchun is served by the Changchun Longjia International Airport and is around 30 km away from the city centre. Regular flights operate to Beijing, Shanghai and other cities. A regular shuttle service exists from the airport to the city centre. It is even possible to take a cab.
- By Train: The cheapest way to travel to Changchun is by rail. Connections exist from cities like Beijing, Xi’an, Shanghai, Jilin, Shenyang and others. You can book your tickets through any good tourist guide.
- By Bus: Long distance buses ply from cities like Beijing, Harbin, Jilin, Dalian and Shenyang. This is a faster, though slightly more expensive option.
HOW TO GET AROUND CHANGCHUN
- On Foot: It is possible to travel through Changchun on foot when the weather is comfortable (between June to October) however, distances are large so use other forms of transportation if you’re planning to see more of the city.
- By Train: There are certain parts of the city that you can see by traveling by light rail. The tickets are cheap and the train operates from 6 am to 9 pm every day.
- By Bus: Buses are a convenient mode of transport however everything is in Chinese. If you cannot read the language, it’s better to use other means of transport lest you get lost (not in translation, we mean actually).
- By Minibus: Some places in Changchun are only accessible by minibus and the fare is cheap. They can be crowded.
- By Three-wheeler: Only an option if you’re traveling in the south side of the city. There are no meters so be prepared to haggle.