How to Reach Changsha
- By Air: Huanghua International Airport, which is about 45 minutes’ drive from the city serves as a gateway to Changsha. There are 53 direct domestic services from the airport to various Chinese cities including Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Kunming and Chongqing. You could reach the downtown from the airport through Taxi or shuttlebuses.
- By Train: Changsha has direct and indirect connections to other cities like Beijing, Xi'an, Wuhan, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenzhen, and Xiamen by rail. The railway station, being in the heart of the city is easily accessible. There are both high speed and normal trains departing and passing through the train station.
- By Bus: Changsha has five bus stations, one each in the four directions and one at the centre of the city. These five stations operate buses towards many major cities in the country.
- By Bus: Local buses move around the city frequently. You can get anywhere with 1 Yuan for the normal bus and 2 for the air conditioned one.
- By Taxi: Several companies operate taxis in the city. The basic fare starts at 7 Yuan. However, the rates may slightly vary according to the company.
- By Metro: A metro line runs across the city from the east to west, stopping at the important places in between, including the Railway station, west bus station, downtown, Xiangjiang Lu and Orange Isle.