Hunan Provincial Museum, ChangshaCurrently Open
- Address: No.50 Dongfeng Road, Changsha 410005,China
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +860731-84514630
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Museum, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Exhibition
About Hunan Provincial Museum, Changsha
This is a museum of cultural development. It houses a collection of about 180,000 objects that act as souvenirs in the evolutionary span of Hunan’s culture. It stretches over 50,000 square metres of land. This place is not crowded and will let a history enthusiast contemplate in peace. The museum itself is a majestic building made of marble and granite.You have to go through a stone passage that acts as an entrance. Those disinterested in museums have raved about this one. It is a must-visit in Changsha. Highlights include:
- Cultural relics
- A Plain Gauze Garment that acts as a proof that the Hans Dynasty (206-220BC) had a very advanced textile technology
- The Mawangdui Han tombs
- The mummy of Lady Dai
Hunan Provincial Museum Information
- Hire a tourist guide to give a context to this trip.
- Tickets Timing: 8:45 am - 4:00 pm.
How To reach Hunan Provincial Museum by Public Transport
- Bus: 113, 131, 112, 136, 146, 150 @ Changsha Town Centre
Restaurants Near Hunan Provincial Museum
- Big Cupboard (Dongfenglu)
- SiJi Yu Pin Lao
- City Sports Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Changsha before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Changsha and book an accommodation of your choice.