Botanical Park Of CreteCurrently Closed
- Address: Skordalou Kidonias Chania Crete, Chania 730 05, Greece
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +30-6976860573
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mountain, Botanical Garden, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Lake, Bird Watching, Amphitheater
Botanical Park Of Crete - Review
Looking at this 20 hectare park, 18km from Chania, it’s hard to imagine this lush wonderland was ever a victim of fire… which happened in 2003; there’s a centennial olive tree here commemorating the fire. The highlights of the park are:
- 150 species of fruit trees; and the dozens of herbs, medicinal and ornamental plants that Cretan mountains are famous for.
- Animals such as birds (around the lake area), butterflies, wild goat, hares, badgers, the Cretan rock ferret, the Cretan weasel and tree frogs.
- The Amphitheare, which can be hired for presentations, wedding receptions, small concerts, and Cretan folklore evenings of music and dancing.
- The restaurant with a majestic view of the mountains.
Botanical Park Of Crete Information
- To get there, take the bus from Chania, which goes Chania -Stalos - Agia Marina - Platanias - Patelari - Alikianos - Fournes - Botanical Park every day. The bus returns at 2pm. Or you could drive.
Botanical Park Of Crete Ticket Prices
- EUR 4 for the age of (6-12).
- Free for under 6 years old.
How To reach Botanical Park Of Crete by Public Transport
- Bus from Chania
Restaurants Near Botanical Park Of Crete
- Restaurant at the park
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chania before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chania and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Botanical Park Of Crete
91.77% of people who visit Chania include Botanical Park Of Crete in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
54.12% of people start their Botanical Park Of Crete visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Botanical Park Of Crete
94.39% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Botanical Park Of Crete
Botanical Park Of Crete Trips
Botanical Park Of Crete, Chania Reviews
I didnt Expect the place to be that interesting and well made. Especially the start of the round course was amazing. Food in the restaurant was really good and different from the usual Greek restaurants. I will visit again, as everyone should, a great experience and the walk is not really hard. You get some water with the entrance fee and if u really take your time you gonna need about 2 hours. Glad we decided to visit the Gardens :)
When you arrive to the botanical garden, you buy your ticket (you also get a bottle of cold water) and then you begin your adventure. It's a really nice garden. When you reach the end of it you walk into a restaurant. The food and staff are great. Worth the hike around the park!
Special place. The restaurant is amazing but expensive and uses food grown at the Gardens. Very inventive with lots of vegetarian options. Fantastic views over the gardens. 4 stars because the gardens themselves could benefit from more attention. In particular the signs could be improved. Very steep dusty paths so wear suitable footwear.
Botanical park offers a 2.5km walk inside nature. You will find signs and explanations for the trees and the different types. The park is divided in climate categories regarding the trees. The path is not difficult but it is recommended to have sneakers. After you can rest to the tavern. The food has nice! If you are in chania you shall go !
Fantastic place... very cheap to get in and given a free bottle of water! Plants from all over the world. The walk is really steep so best to take it steady and wear sensible shoes! Lovely restaurant with beautifully presented tasty food which is reasonably priced. Would highly recommend a visit.