Botanical Park Of CreteCurrently Closed
- Address: Skordalou Kidonias Chania Crete, Chania 730 05, Greece
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +30-6976860573
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mountain, Botanical Garden, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Lake, Bird Watching, Amphitheater
About Botanical Park Of Crete, Chania
Looking at this 20 hectare park, 18km from Chania, it’s hard to imagine this lush wonderland was ever a victim of fire… which happened in 2003; there’s a centennial olive tree here commemorating the fire. The highlights of the park are:
- 150 species of fruit trees; and the dozens of herbs, medicinal and ornamental plants that Cretan mountains are famous for.
- Animals such as birds (around the lake area), butterflies, wild goat, hares, badgers, the Cretan rock ferret, the Cretan weasel and tree frogs.
- The Amphitheare, which can be hired for presentations, wedding receptions, small concerts, and Cretan folklore evenings of music and dancing.
- The restaurant with a majestic view of the mountains.
Botanical Park Of Crete Information
- To get there, take the bus from Chania, which goes Chania -Stalos - Agia Marina - Platanias - Patelari - Alikianos - Fournes - Botanical Park every day. The bus returns at 2pm. Or you could drive.
Botanical Park Of Crete Ticket Prices
- EUR 4 for the age of (6-12).
- Free for under 6 years old.
How To reach Botanical Park Of Crete by Public Transport
- Bus from Chania
Restaurants Near Botanical Park Of Crete
- Restaurant at the park
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chania before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chania and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Botanical Park Of Crete
95% of people who visit Chania include Botanical Park Of Crete in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
65.5% of people start their Botanical Park Of Crete visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Botanical Park Of Crete
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Botanical Park Of Crete
Botanical Park Of Crete Map
Botanical Park Of Crete Trips
Botanical Park Of Crete, Chania Reviews
The gardens were beautiful with all sorts of interesting plants. Well worth the money (5 euros). It is a fairly steep hill but the path meanders so is manageable. It also has plenty of places to rest if you need it. The highlight has to be the restaurant at the entrance. The food is amazing and the view just adds to the experience.
Maybe not the first place you would visit when you're in beach paradise. The gardens are worth the walk if you're fit (pretty steep). But the real reason to go here is the restaurant, right in front of the entrance. WOW! The views are magnificent. Food is great. One of the highlights of my holiday.
Lovely, well maintained garden with a large variety of plants and trees. The restaurant is very pleasant serving quality food. My advice if you visit using the public bus from Chania though is to take you're time walking through the gardens else you will be sat in the restaurant for quite a while before the return bus!
Very nice botanical garden since all of the plants grow freely instead of in a greenhouse as in some places, if you plan on going through the whole garden I reccomend having at least 2hours since there is a long walk and a lot to see. The walk is sometimes challenging since there is a lot of elevation. There is a shortcut which halves the time if you do not have 2h Entrance fee is 6 euro per person, child's under 4 I believe is free
A really beautiful place, best seen on a cool day as a lot of walking and climbing. For €6 for adults, included a bottle of water, great value for money. Allow 3 hours to see everything.
All QuestionsBotanical park of crete
Find places near Botanical Park Of Crete, Chania
Μακρή Ελένη Η. ΦΟΥΡΝΕΣ2.142 km away
Μπουκαμβιλια Φουρνές2.159 km away
Μπουκαμβιλια - Καρτσωνακησ Στυλιανοσ Φουρνές Κυδωνίας2.159 km away
- Red Bush Enterprise Baptist Church
- Wild Cat Pay Lake
- David Mckenzie Log Cabin
- Camp Caleb
- Fathers House Of Prayer
- Farris Strip Airport
- Faucett Christian Church
- Sparta United Methodist Church
- Wallace Christian Church
- Faucett Baptist Church
- Littlevine Church
- Prospect Baptist Church
- Freewill Baptist Youth Camp
- First Baptist Church
- Nicasio Reservoir