Botanical Park Of Crete, ChaniaCurrently Closed
- Address: Skordalou Kidonias Chania Crete, Chania 730 05, Greece
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +30-6976860573
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mountain, Botanical Garden, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Lake, Bird Watching, Amphitheater
About Botanical Park Of Crete, Chania
Looking at this 20 hectare park, 18km from Chania, it’s hard to imagine this lush wonderland was ever a victim of fire… which happened in 2003; there’s a centennial olive tree here commemorating the fire. The highlights of the park are:
- 150 species of fruit trees; and the dozens of herbs, medicinal and ornamental plants that Cretan mountains are famous for.
- Animals such as birds (around the lake area), butterflies, wild goat, hares, badgers, the Cretan rock ferret, the Cretan weasel and tree frogs.
- The Amphitheare, which can be hired for presentations, wedding receptions, small concerts, and Cretan folklore evenings of music and dancing.
- The restaurant with a majestic view of the mountains.
Botanical Park Of Crete Information
- To get there, take the bus from Chania, which goes Chania -Stalos - Agia Marina - Platanias - Patelari - Alikianos - Fournes - Botanical Park every day. The bus returns at 2pm. Or you could drive.
Botanical Park Of Crete Ticket Prices
- EUR 4 for the age of (6-12).
- Free for under 6 years old.
How To reach Botanical Park Of Crete by Public Transport
- Bus from Chania
Restaurants Near Botanical Park Of Crete
- Restaurant at the park
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chania before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chania and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Botanical Park Of Crete
95% of people who visit Chania include Botanical Park Of Crete in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
64.31% of people start their Botanical Park Of Crete visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Botanical Park Of Crete
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Botanical Park Of Crete
Botanical Park Of Crete, Chania Reviews
Amazing place. Very extensive grounds and huge variety of plants. Nice walking paths. Staff was friendly. Highly recommend a visit, allowing 3 hours for a leisurely pace to enjoy the flora. Enjoyed the mini zoo as well.
Very beautiful place. It is on the mountain hills but easy to walk. If temperature in the city or coast is too high for you can come to hide in the garden under trees.
Absolutely fantastic botanical garden. Unique in it's diversity and layout. While walking on the single path you wind down and later up the slope of a valley. We were lucky to visit in the Autumn as many fruit trees were dropping their ripe fruits on the ground. I thankfully saved some delicious fruits from rotting away.... they were delicious.
Nice garden. Nice slopes to walk. Middle of way nice zoo. Paradise for citrus lovers.
I am so excited! Interesting plants and animals! Also very nice food at the restaurant.
All QuestionsBotanical park of crete
Find places near Botanical Park Of Crete, Chania
Μακρή Ελένη Η. ΦΟΥΡΝΕΣ2.142 km away
Μπουκαμβιλια Φουρνές2.159 km away
Μπουκαμβιλια - Καρτσωνακησ Στυλιανοσ Φουρνές Κυδωνίας2.159 km away