Botanical Park Of Crete748 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Skordalou Kidonias Chania Crete, Chania 730 05, Greece
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +30-6976860573
- Ticket Price: 6 EUR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Botanical Garden, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Lake, Bird Watching, Amphitheater
Looking at this 20 hectare park, 18km from Chania, it’s hard to imagine this lush wonderland was ever a victim of fire… which happened in 2003; there’s a centennial olive tree here commemorating the fire. The highlights of the park are:
- 150 species of fruit trees; and the dozens of herbs, medicinal and ornamental plants that Cretan mountains are famous for.
- Animals such as birds (around the lake area), butterflies, wild goat, hares, badgers, the Cretan rock ferret, the Cretan weasel and tree frogs.
- The Amphitheare, which can be hired for presentations, wedding receptions, small concerts, and Cretan folklore evenings of music and dancing.
- The restaurant with a majestic view of the mountains.
Botanical Park Of Crete Travel Tips
- To get there, take the bus from Chania, which goes Chania -Stalos - Agia Marina - Platanias - Patelari - Alikianos - Fournes - Botanical Park every day. The bus returns at 2pm. Or you could drive.
Entrance Ticket Details For Botanical Park Of Crete
- EUR 4 for the age of (6-12).
- Free for under 6 years old.
How to Reach Botanical Park Of Crete
- Bus from Chania
- Restaurant at the park
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chania before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chania and book an accommodation of your choice.
68.62% of people who visit Chania include Botanical Park Of Crete in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
54.12% of people start their Botanical Park Of Crete visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Botanical Park Of Crete
94.39% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Botanical Park Of Crete