Firkas Fortress And Maritime Museum Of Crete, Chania
About Firkas Fortress And Maritime Museum Of Crete, Chania
Firkas Fortress And Maritime Museum Of Crete, Chania - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Maritime Museum of Crete, Akti Koundourioti, Chania
Ticket Price: 3 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 4.1K times in trip plans
Museum, Military Museum, Historical Site, War Memorial, Family And Kids, Military Area , Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The building was used as a barracks to house the Turkish army,to protect Chania from raiders from the sea. This was also the place where Crete’s union with Greece was celebrated. Check out the fantastic panoramic view of the harbour… and then come down to the museum.
The Maritime Museum of Crete is a red building that covers history right from antiquity to the Battle of Crete. Highlights are as follows:
- Models of Venetian Forts and Chania
- Sea shells of Greece
- Amphorae from ancient shipwrecks
- Ship models from the Bronze Age to Roman times
- Shipping in Byzantine and Ottoman times
- Exhibits from the Greek War of Independence of 1821
- Exhibits from World War II
- Reproductions of the Greek merchant fleet, cruisers, submarines
- The bridge of a World War II torpedo boat.
- The battle of Crete
Firkas Fortress And Maritime Museum Of Crete Ticket Prices
- Adults 2.50 €, Students 1.50 €.
- Children up to 6 years- free.
Restaurants Near Firkas Fortress And Maritime Museum Of Crete
- Eateries along the harbour
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chania before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chania and book an accommodation of your choice.
Firkas Fortress And Maritime Museum Of Crete, Chania Reviews - Write a Review
The site where the Greek Flag was Raised for a United Greece after throwing off Ottoman occupation.
Great view of the harbour and the old city from there.
Nice View over the venetian harbour
Go here and take photos of and from, can take photos of Chania and surrounding see and neighboring towns and Island.
- Nearby Attractions
- Kormoranos Bakery Cafe
- Sunrise Apartments Crete
- Kedrodasos Beach
- Municipal Market Of Chania
- Aspri Limni
- Mesogeiaki Agora-mediteranean Market
- Central City Hotel
- Chania Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Chania
- What to See in 48 Hours in Chania
- What to See in 72 Hours in Chania
- How to Spend 5 Days in Chania
- How to Spend 6 Days in Chania
- How to Spend 7 Days in Chania