Gimghoul CastleCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 742 Gimghoul Rd, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA , United States
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Castle, Historical Site, Family And Kids
This castle is not exactly a tourist attraction as it is a private property. There are many rumours about this castle. One of them says that it is the headquarters of a secret society formed by male students of UNC Chapel Hill in 1889; but the actual castle was built in 1924. The mystery is surrounding this place ever since. And of course, you cannot go inside the castle or its premises. But, you can click pictures here as the architecture is great. So, if you love a dash of mystery, then visit this castle for sure.
Gimghoul Castle Hours
- Admission inside the castle is reserved only on appointment.
- You can visit the castle from outside anytime.
How to Reach Gimghoul Castle
- Buses 800, 805, CCX, FCX, G, RU, S, V
- By taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chapel Hill before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chapel Hill and book an accommodation of your choice.
70.89% of people who visit Chapel Hill include Gimghoul Castle in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
53.33% of people start their Gimghoul Castle visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Gimghoul Castle
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gimghoul Castle