North Carolina Botanical Garden, Chapel Hill
About North Carolina Botanical Garden, Chapel Hill
North Carolina Botanical Garden, Chapel Hill - Address, Phone Number
Address: 100 Old Mason Farm Rd, Chapel Hill, NC 27517, United States
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 2.6K times in trip plans
Garden, Park, Botanical Garden, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Spread over 800 acres of area, the North Carolina Botanical Garden dates back to 1903. The garden features 14 collections and display gardens representing 2500 species and 4700 local plant species.
- Native Water Gardens: Nymphaea odorata and Nelumbo lutea, as well as Pontederia cordata, and many others. All aquatic plants are native to the southeastern United States.
- Battle Park
- Carnivorous Plant Collection
- Coastal Plain and Sandhills Habitat Gardens
- Coker Arboretum
- The Fern Collection
- Garden of Flowering Plant Families
- Horticultural Therapy Demonstration Garden
- The Mercer Reeves Hubbard Herb Garden
- William Lanier Hunt Arboretum
- Mason Farm Biological Reserve
- Mountain Habitat Garden
- Native Plant Border
- UNC Herbarium
- Paul Green’s Cabin
North Carolina Botanical Garden Opening and Closing Hours
- Administrative offices and exhibits open at 9 am, gift shop opens at 10 am.
How To reach North Carolina Botanical Garden by Public Transport
- Buses HU
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chapel Hill before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chapel Hill and book an accommodation of your choice.
North Carolina Botanical Garden, Chapel Hill Reviews - Write a Review
Wonderful gardens, educational center, and old forest trails to walk on nearby. Also, plants for sale and interesting gifts in the gift shop.
Lovely place. Unfortunately, it's a bit heavily travelled now, so not a good place to reliably be alone in the woods. Also, despite clear signs prohibiting it, too many visitors let their dogs off leash. I've had dogs co e at me several times here by owners who don't seem to care.
Lots of different plants to see!! Delicious popsicles to eat too!!
Love coming here. The staff is so nice and informative. The grounds are beautiful. My favorite was looking at the quits. It never gets old.
Agree with the other reviews - beautiful spot but can be crowded at times. Trails are less so if you venture out past the main areas.
- Nearby Attractions
- La Vita Dolce Cafe
- Spicy 9 Sushi Bar & Asian Restaurant
- Henry Horton State Park
- Flyleaf Books
- Allen & Son Barbeque
- Union Pines High School
- Northern High School
- Chapel Hill High School
- Bread & Butter Bakery And Cafe
- Chapel Hill Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Chapel Hill
- What to See in 48 Hours in Chapel Hill
- What to See in 72 Hours in Chapel Hill
- How to Spend 5 Days in Chapel Hill
- How to Spend 6 Days in Chapel Hill
- How to Spend 7 Days in Chapel Hill