Are you looking for what to do in Chapel Hill?
PLACES TO VISIT IN CHAPEL HILL
The main attraction of Chapel Hill is the University of North Carolina. The beaming campus of the university is dotted with most of the tourist attractions of Chapel Hill. There is shuttle bus service provided free of cost to roam within the university premises.
- The Carolina Basketball Museum: A huge collection of artifacts, photos, videos, statistical and historical documents highlighting the history of Carolina Basketball program.
- Morehead Planetarium: Largest planetarium in southeast and served as a training centre for 52 NASA astronauts in 1970’s; including 11 of them who walked on the moon.
- North Carolina Botanical Garden: 800 acres, 14 collections and display gardens representing 2500 species and 4700 local plant species.
- Dean E. Smith Center: Spread over 300, 00 square foot area, a seating capacity of 21750 for basketball games and 20380 for concerts.
- Coker Arboretum: Spread over 5 acres and is home to 400 different species of plants and a 200 feet arbor.
- Ackland Art Museum: A permanent collection of more than 17000 works of art including the local art pieces of North Carolina, Asian art work on paper, drawing, prints and photographs.
- Horace Williams House: Home of Horace Williams who held the chair of Mental and Moral Science (Philosophy) at the University and was a popular faculty among the students.
- Kidzu Children's Museum: Exhibits focusing on science, technology, engineering and math, child health and wellness and emerging literacy.
- Chapel of the cross: Local Parish Church.
- The Old well: Legendary well whose water is said to impart good luck to students on the first day of college.
THINGS TO DO IN CHAPEL HILL
- Take a gastronomical tour with the Taste Carolina Gourmet Food Tours.
- Spend a vibrant evening at the Franklin Street.
- Drive past the weird and mysterious Gimghoul Castle.
- Go on a cruise ride with Triangle Boat tours.
- Catch a game at Kenan Memorial Stadium.
- Take a tasting tour at Top of the Hill Distillery (TOPO).
- Play a game of golf at Finley Golf course.
- Go on a picnic in the Battle Park and the Forest Theatre.
- Watch a show at the Varsity Theatre.
Below we have a list of things to do in Chapel Hill and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Chapel Hill getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Chapel Hill with confidence.