Drayton Hall, Charleston
About Drayton Hall, Charleston
Drayton Hall, Charleston - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 3550 Ashley River Road, Charleston, SC 29414
Ticket Price: 22 USD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 11.1K times in trip plans
Garden, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building, Hall
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The importance of this hall lies in the fact that it has been declared as the “finest of plantation houses all over US”. This is at present the most important part of the Magnolia gardens and plantation estate. This house was built by John Drayton separately as he knew that he will not possibly inherit the property of the Magnolia gardens being the third son of his father.
The house is now opened to the public as an old hall where you can take a look of old plantation house interiors. The lifestyle of these upscale people was a bit different from the middle class people and that is what the center of attraction is here in this hall. The interior décor, the plaster of the walls, the wooden floors and balconies are all very uncommon out here. You should definitely spend some time here in this house and enjoy the past of this city life.
Drayton Hall Information
- Guided tours are available here.
- The historic cemetery is an added attraction here.
- There is a very good museum shop from where you can buy gifts.
- There are quite a few interactive programs that are held over here.
Drayton Hall Ticket Prices
- $10 for 12-18 years, $6 for 6-11 years
- Entry is free below 6 years of age.
Drayton Hall Opening and Closing Hours
- Entry closes at 3:30 PM.
- The 1st tour everyday starts at 9:30 AM.
Restaurants Near Drayton Hall
- Big Billy’s Burger Joint
- Middleton Place Restaurant
- Charleston House of Pizza
- Nigel’s Good Food
- Sticky Fingers
- Sunflower Cafe
- Cafe Fork
- La Nortena Taqueria Mexican Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Charleston before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Charleston and book an accommodation of your choice.
Drayton Hall, Charleston Reviews - Write a Review
Mack was a great tour guide. He's 5 stars for sure. The actual Drayton House is amazing too. The grounds, while sparse in comparison to some of the other plantations was still beautiful. When they finish their expansion in the coming months I'm sure it will be 5 stars. Definitely a must do!
Excellent tour guide Annika knew her stuff and very well spoken. Loved the old house
The grounds and home are beautiful. The best part was how Mack, the tour guide is so knowledgeable and entertaining. Everything is setup nicely and preserved. Great future plans.
One of best plantations I have visited, along with Whitney plantation in Wallace, LA. The introductory discussion was a great to establish connection, and to educate tour takers. Highly recommend!
Loved seeing and touring the house and old cemetery. Amazing stories of this century old Plantation and how it came to be and how it has survived.
- Nearby Attractions
- Dock Street Theater
- The 34 West Theater Company
- Theatre 99
- The Powder Magazine
- Market Street Sweets
- St. Philip's Church
- Unitarian Church In Charleston
- Fort Sumter Visitor Education Center
- Circular Congregational Church
- Charleston Best Tours Llc
- Charleston Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Charleston
- What to See in 48 Hours in Charleston
- What to See in 72 Hours in Charleston
- How to Spend 5 Days in Charleston
- How to Spend 6 Days in Charleston
- How to Spend 7 Days in Charleston