Gibbes Museum Of Art49 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 135 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29401, United States Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8437222706
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Outdoors, Family And Kids
This art museum was earlier known as the Gibbes Art Gallery after the name of its founder James Shoolbred Gibbes who also donated a hefty amount for its erection. The art museum mostly consists of beautiful examples of American Contemporary art from the 19th and 20th centuries.
The classic interior decorations and the standard of the collections make it a premiere spot for tourists and art enthusiasts. This is still not among the top tourist attractions but you should definitely try making some time to visit this place.
Gibbes Museum Of Art Travel Tips
- Photography is not at all allowed.
- Baggage is not allowed inside.
- Outside food or drinks are not allowed.
How to Reach Gibbes Museum Of Art
- Bus numbers 10, 40 and 41
- Basil Thai Restaurant
- TBonz Gill & Grill
- Swamp Fox Restaurant
- Low Country Bistro
- Hank’s Seafood Restaurant
- Hominy grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Charleston before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Charleston and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Gibbes Museum Of Art Address: 135 Meeting Street, Charleston, SC 29401, United States
- Gibbes Museum Of Art Contact Number: +1-8437222706
- Gibbes Museum Of Art Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Best time to visit Gibbes Museum Of Art(preferred time): 11:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Gibbes Museum Of Art: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
2.05% of people who visit Charleston include Gibbes Museum Of Art in their plan
95% of people start their Gibbes Museum Of Art visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Gibbes Museum Of Art
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gibbes Museum Of Art
People normally also visit Freddo Helado while planning their trip to Gibbes Museum Of Art.