The Citadel314 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 171 Moultrie Street, Charleston, SC 29409, United States, 29409 Map
- Timings: 08:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8432253294
- Fax: +1-8439537084
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Educational Site, Family And Kids, Military Area , Social, Arts, Museums
This is the military College of the state that is run and administered by the State Government of South Carolina. The college provides under graduate and graduate courses to all cadets who are would -be heroes of the country. The admission was restricted to male students till the year 1996 which then changed to all genders- boys and girls. It has a complete residential portion for students as it is mandatory for them to stay and learn in the campus for all 4 years.
It has made and prepared many an efficient army troupe to fight for the nation and they have in turn returned accolades in the name of their alma mater. The reason why this has also become a tourist hotspot is that the discipline and smartness of not only the students but also the campus has been a talking point among all. People come and see how soldiers are trained to withstand hardships in life and it is amazing to see so many female cadets taking equal part in all activities.
The Citadel Travel Tips
- Try and stay on to watch the parade practices. They are mind blowing.
How to Reach The Citadel
- Bus number 20.
- Basil Thai Restaurant
- TBonz Gill & Grill
- Swamp Fox Restaurant
- Low Country Bistro
- Hank’s Seafood Restaurant
- Hominy grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Charleston before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Charleston and book an accommodation of your choice.
- The Citadel Address: 171 Moultrie Street, Charleston, SC 29409, United States, 29409
- The Citadel Contact Number: +1-8432253294
- The Citadel Timing: 08:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Best time to visit The Citadel(preferred time): 09:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit The Citadel: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
13.15% of people who visit Charleston include The Citadel in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
42.11% of people start their The Citadel visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see The Citadel
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Citadel
People normally club together Drayton Hall and Aiken-Rhett House while planning their visit to The Citadel.