City Market2 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 100 Water St E, Charlottesville, VA 22902, USA, United States
- Timings: 07:00 am - 12:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4349703371
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Market, Family And Kids
It is undoubtedly the liveliest market in the city. The producer only market is set up in the adjacent lot owned by the Charlottesville Parking Centre in downtown Charlottesville at the corner of Water Street and is considered to be the largest outdoor market in the country. Coming here, you will find the place bustling with crowd buying products from the various stalls available here. The market featuring over 100 vendors provides you will range of freshly produced items, from herbs, plants to crafts and baked goods. The place was established in 1973 and has been taking place ever since on every Saturday morning. Visit to check out the fresh ripe products and buy some to take out with you. You can even interact with the vendors who will tell you a thing or two about farming, venturing and more. It can be a great way to learn about city’s culture and make friends.
Entrance Ticket Details For City Market
- Entry is free.
City Market Hours
- November 25 to December 23- Saturdays from 8 am to 1 pm.
- 2018 City Market - April to October- Saturdays from 7 am to 12 pm , November 3 to November 17- Saturdays from 8 am to 1 pm.
Farmers in the Park:
- Reopens on May 2 of 2018. , May to September- 3 pm to 7 pm on Wednesdays , October- 2 pm to 6 pm on Wednesdays.
City Market Arts:
- February 10 and March 17th 2018- 10 am to 4 pm.
How to Reach City Market
- Bus Station- E Water St at 3rd St SE
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Charlottesville before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Charlottesville and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.89% of people who visit Charlottesville include City Market in their plan
95% of people start their City Market visit around 07 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see City Market