Port La Joye Fort Amherst171 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 191 Hache Gallant Dr | Rocky Point, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island C0A 1H2, Canada
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-9026752220
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Outdoors, View Point, Educational Site, Walking Area, Historical Site, Food And Drinks, Family And Kids, Adventure, Architecture , Heritage Building, Harbour
Port-la-Joye—Fort Amherst National Historic Site of Canada commemorates the first permanent European settlement on Prince Edward Island. Grassy ruins of the British fort are still visible, and interpretive displays give visitors an appreciation of the site's history. But what this site is truly famous for is the beautiful views of the Charlottetown harbor. Full of inviting pathways and gorgeous scenery, this place is full of historic adventures.
Port La Joye Fort Amherst Travel Tips
- Other Hours: The grounds are open from May to November and the site is staffed daily from mid-June to September from 9 am to 5 pm.
How to Reach Port La Joye Fort Amherst
- Travel by taxi to reach this destination.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Charlottetown before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Charlottetown and book an accommodation of your choice.
21.78% of people who visit Charlottetown include Port La Joye Fort Amherst in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
36.11% of people start their Port La Joye Fort Amherst visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Port La Joye Fort Amherst
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Port La Joye Fort Amherst