Eglise St-aignan, Chartres
About Eglise St-aignan, Chartres
Eglise St-aignan, Chartres - Address, Phone Number
Address: 12 Place of Stage au Vin, 28000 Chartres, France
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 08:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 3.7K times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Initially used as a parish church during the feudal age, the building you’ll see today has also served as a military hospital and then even as a hay barn. In 1822 it was finally reopened as a place of worship. The highlights of the church are:
- Beautiful Renaissance stained-glass windows.
- The bell tower that looks like a castle tower.
- The wooden roof covered with 20th-century drawings.
- The triforium paintings and the pulpit.
- Various religious paintings and sculpture.
- The 17th century apse and windows.
- The gallery Organ.
It won’t take you long to cover this church but stepping inside is certainly worth it.
Eglise St-aignan Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
How To reach Eglise St-aignan by Public Transport
- Get to there on foot.
Restaurants Near Eglise St-aignan
- Le Jungle Cafe
- Le Saint Hilaire
- Au P'tit Morard
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chartres before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chartres and book an accommodation of your choice.
Eglise St-aignan, Chartres Reviews - Write a Review
Me ha gustado un montón. Aunque el repintado está algo descascarillado, merece la pena la visita.
Très beau lieu.
Une des plus haute en couleur des églises au monde, acoustique extraordinaire! Merci seigneur.
Même abîmé, il faut voir cet édifice...
Très belle église
- Nearby Attractions
- Mosquee En-nasr
- Centre Des Monuments Nationaux
- Parking Chartres
- Parc Andre Gagnon
- O2 Jardinage Chartres
- Jardins De L'eveche
- Le Jardin De L'horticulture
- Pleine Des Carrreaux
- Conservatoire Du Patrimoine Naturel De La Region Centre
- Les Enfants Du Paradis
- Chartres Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Chartres
- What to See in 48 Hours in Chartres
- What to See in 72 Hours in Chartres
- How to Spend 5 Days in Chartres
- How to Spend 6 Days in Chartres
- How to Spend 7 Days in Chartres