Eglise St-aignan632 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 12 Place de l'Étape au Vin, 28000 Chartres, France
- Timings: 08:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-237215908
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Initially used as a parish church during the feudal age, the building you’ll see today has also served as a military hospital and then even as a hay barn. In 1822 it was finally reopened as a place of worship. The highlights of the church are:
- Beautiful Renaissance stained-glass windows.
- The bell tower that looks like a castle tower.
- The wooden roof covered with 20th-century drawings.
- The triforium paintings and the pulpit.
- Various religious paintings and sculpture.
- The 17th century apse and windows.
- The gallery Organ.
It won’t take you long to cover this church but stepping inside is certainly worth it.
Entrance Ticket Details For Eglise St-aignan
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Eglise St-aignan
- Get to there on foot.
- Le Jungle Cafe
- Le Saint Hilaire
- Au P'tit Morard
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chartres before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chartres and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Chartres include Eglise St-aignan in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
38.81% of people start their Eglise St-aignan visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Eglise St-aignan
81.97% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Eglise St-aignan