Eglise St-pierre, Chartres
About Eglise St-pierre, Chartres
Eglise St-pierre, Chartres - Address, Phone Number
Address: Rue St-Pierre, Chartres, France
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 08:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 4.4K times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This historic church of Eglise St-Pierre became a parish church in 1803. The first church here was based in the seventh century; destroyed a number of times and successive assaults and fires, the current building was completed in early 14th century. The highlights of this church are:
- The arches on the north door
- The choir, the ambulatory, and the three Chapels
- The intricate flying buttresses
- The 13th and 14th century stained-glass
Eglise St-pierre Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
Eglise St-pierre Opening and Closing Hours
- Mass is at 10:30 AM on Sunday.
How To reach Eglise St-pierre by Public Transport
- Get to there on foot.
Restaurants Near Eglise St-pierre
- Le Jungle Cafe
- Le Saint Hilaire
- Au P'tit Morard
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chartres before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chartres and book an accommodation of your choice.
Eglise St-pierre, Chartres Reviews - Write a Review
This is an old abbey church , near the river in Chartres, There are some lovely stained glass windows. There is an archeological area where some tombs were unearthed. The flying buttresses are just asking to be photographed. A neat stop when walking around Chartres.
Una iglesia con historia. Aunque parece abandonada, vale la pena tomarse unos minutos y ver los vitrales, el piso, la altura de la nave.
Superbe église gothique avec un clocher porche
le dimanche matin
- Nearby Attractions
- O2 Jardinage Chartres
- Jardins De L'eveche
- Le Jardin De L'horticulture
- Pleine Des Carrreaux
- Conservatoire Du Patrimoine Naturel De La Region Centre
- Les Enfants Du Paradis
- Vincent Desbois, Creation De Sites Internet
- Tribunal De Commerce
- Ancienne Eglise Sainte-foy
- Chartres Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Chartres
- What to See in 48 Hours in Chartres
- What to See in 72 Hours in Chartres
- How to Spend 5 Days in Chartres
- How to Spend 6 Days in Chartres
- How to Spend 7 Days in Chartres