Are you looking for what to do in Chartres?
PLACES TO SEE
- Chartres Cathedral: A magnificent twelfth century cathedral that serves as an example of Gothic architecture.
- Abbey church of St.Pierre: A church built in 13th century, having fine stained glasses and enamel apostles.
- Museums: The city has around 5 museums and wandering in these beautiful buildings is one of the best things to do in Chartres. The main ones are Musee des Beaux-Arts (a fine arts museum), Le Grenier de l'Histoire Musée (a historical museum), Le Centre International du Vitrail (A museum that offers workshops), an agricultural and a science museums.
- The Bridges and Fortifications of Eure River: The river, divided into three branches is known for its ancient bridges and remains of fortifications.
- L'Odyssee: A waterpark tour with indoor and outdoor activities. Address: Rue du Medecin General Beyne, 28000 Chartres, France.
- Chartres Metropole Canoe Kayak: A kayaking our along the river Eure. Address: 1 rue saint Martin en Val, Chartres, France.
Below we have a list of things to do in Chartres and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Chartres getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Chartres with confidence.