Chattanooga National Cemetery371 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1200 Bailey Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37403, United States Map
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4238556590
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Cemetery, Family And Kids
This 120 acre largest cemetery of Tennessee was built as a military cemetery in 1863. It was built to honor the Union soldiers who were killed during the battles around Chattanooga. It is said to be one of the very few cemeteries where you can view three civil war battles sites-Missionary Ridge, Lookout Mountain and Chattanooga. Besides, the cemetery also has distinctive monuments. One of them is the legendary Andrew’s Raider of 1863.
Visit this place to pay respect to the heroes of Chattanooga.
Chattanooga National Cemetery Travel Tips
- Maintain tranquility while visiting the place.
- Be decently dressed.
Chattanooga National Cemetery Hours
- The ground is open for visitors from dawn to dusk.
- Office hours – 8am -4:30pm (Monday to Friday)
- Closed on federal holidays except Memorial Day and Veterans Day .
How to Reach Chattanooga National Cemetery
- By car - from airport take Airport Rd. to Lee Hwy (U.S.11 and 64, Tenn.2.) -Travel southwest on Lee Hwy through the Missionary Ridge Tunnel - Turn left at Holtzclaw Ave. and proceed 3 blocks.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chattanooga before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chattanooga and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Chattanooga National Cemetery Address: 1200 Bailey Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37403, United States
- Chattanooga National Cemetery Contact Number: +1-4238556590
- Chattanooga National Cemetery Timing: 06:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit Chattanooga National Cemetery(preferred time): 02:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Chattanooga National Cemetery: 00:45 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
23.16% of people who visit Chattanooga include Chattanooga National Cemetery in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
57.69% of people start their Chattanooga National Cemetery visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Chattanooga National Cemetery
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chattanooga National Cemetery
People normally club together Moon Pie General Store and River Gorge Explorer while planning their visit to Chattanooga National Cemetery.