River Gorge Explorer offer cruise trip on a sleek boat into the scenic Tennessee River Gorge from the Chattanooga riverfront. Guided by an Aquarium naturalist, the high-tech vessel will take you for a 2 hour trip where you will come across wildlife and historical sites along the way. The angled seats of the boat let you sit comfortably in a climate controlled cabin and enjoy the outside view through the large windows.
Son, enjoy the majestic beauty of Tennesse Grand Canyon (Tennessee River Gorge) from the observation deck of the boat.
River Gorge Explorer Travel Tips
- The boat is handicap accessible, however only two wheelchairs or small motorized chairs are allowed aboard each trip due to limited cabin space.
- Large strollers are not allowed. However, umbrella strollers are allowed because they can be slipped under the seats.
- Cruise are subject to cancellation due to circumstances beyond control (river condition, weather, etc).
Entrance Ticket Details For River Gorge Explorer
- Children (3 -12 years) : $24.50
- Children (under 3 years) : $18
- Tennessee Aquarium/ River Gorge Explorer Combo : $56.95 (adult), $39.95 (Children – 3-12years)
River Gorge Explorer Hours
- The reservation department : 8:30am – 4:45pm (Monday to Friday)
- Check the boat schedule from the official website.
How to Reach River Gorge Explorer
- By car: From I-24 to downtown Chattanooga.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chattanooga before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chattanooga and book an accommodation of your choice.
24.4% of people who visit Chattanooga include River Gorge Explorer in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
49.4% of people start their River Gorge Explorer visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see River Gorge Explorer
82.28% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting River Gorge Explorer
River Gorge Explorer Reviews & Ratings
cant find the web site!Answer Report Abuse
I am not sure but I think River Gorge Explorer has been closed for the time being.Report Abuse
how much for the 2 hr trip and how many people allowed on the boat at one time?Answer Report Abuse
Cruise tickets are $32.00 per adult and $24.50 per child for the 2-hour trip.Report Abuse