Rock City Gardens650 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 1400 Patten Road, Lookout Mountain, GA 30750, Chattanooga, United States
- Timings: 08:30 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7068202531
- Ticket Price: 20 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, View Point, Family And Kids
Rock city gardens located right at the top of the Lookout Mountain. ‘Created by God and enchanted by the man’, this is how this incomparable geological and botanical wonder is often defined. The chattanooga rock city amazes visitors with its picturesque scenic beauty to experience a memorable adventure along a natural trail.
The massive ancient caverns and boulders giving the impression of a fairyland caverns and Mother Goose Village. Rock city chattanooga natural gardens with 4000 different species of plants and a 90 feet waterfall; 180 feet long swinging bridge offering stunning view of the Chattanooga valley; an awe-inspiring panoramic view of “See 7 States” from Lover’s Leap; Mother Goose Village – are some of the highlighted feature of the Rock City which makes this place a national treasure for Chattanooga. Walk through this enchanted trail where in each step a new face of the Mother Nature is revealed that keeps your mind wondering throughout the journey.
Make sure you pay a visit to their regional gift shop and dine at the Big Rock Grill.
There is a common saying about this beautiful city, is “Each season there’s a new reason to visit”.
Rock City Gardens Travel Tips
- Wear weather appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Parking at Rock City Gardens is free.
- It is partially handicap accessible.
- Due to narrow passages and steep stairs, strollers are not allowed on Rock City’s Enchanted Trail. Child backpack or front carriers work well.
- Pets on leash are allowed within the city.
Entrance Ticket Details For Rock City Gardens
Rock city garden prices -
- Adult: USD 19.95
- Child: USD 11.95
Rock city gardens annual pass -
- Adult: USD 39
- Child: USD 23
Rock city gardens ultimate VIP annual pass -
- Adult: USD 58
- Child: USD 35
Rock city gardens summer music weekends –
- Adult: USD 22.95
- Child: USD 12.95
Double Play: Rock city + Ruby Falls -
- Adult: USD 36.90
- Child: USD 21.90
Triple Play: Rock city, Ruby Falls, Incline –
- Adult: USD 49.90
- Child: USD 26.90
Rock City Gardens Hours
Rock city gardens timing -
- January 7th – April 15, 2018: 8:30 am – 5 pm
- Fairytale Nights, March 23 – April 15, 2018: 6 pm – 9 pm
- April 16 – May 24, 2018: 8:30 am – 6 pm
- September 4 – November 3, 2018: 8:30 am – 6 pm
- November 4 – November 15, 2018: 8:30 am – 5 pm
- November 16 – December 31, 2018: 8:30 am – 4 pm
- Enchanted Garden of Lights, November 16 - December 31, 2018: 6 pm – 9 pm
- Rock City regular day time tour is closed on December 25
- Enchanted Garden of Lights is closed on 24th December
Cafe 7 rock city hours -
- April to Memorial Day: Thur - Sun, 11 am – 4 pm
- Memorial Day to Labor Day: Everyday, 11 am – 4 pm
- Labor Day to October: Thur - Sun, 11 am – 4 pm
Starbucks rock city hours -
- Mon-Thur: 6:30 am – 9 pm
- Friday: 6:30 am – 10 pm
- Saturday: 7:30 am – 10 pm
- Sunday: 8 am – 9 pm
How to Reach Rock City Gardens
- By car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chattanooga before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chattanooga and book an accommodation of your choice.
48.26% of people who visit Chattanooga include Rock City Gardens in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
36.45% of people start their Rock City Gardens visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Rock City Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Rock City Gardens
Rock City Gardens Reviews & Ratings
The price was a little high but it was such a beautiful experience. Very unique; nothing like I have ever seen before. It’s clear that they take pride in the place and it looks great. The underground fairyland was incredible. Probably my favorite part. I would definitely recommend this for all ages!
Love, love, love this place! My husband and I went for our second wedding anniversary and we both enjoyed ourselves. It was like we were kids again! I think my favorite part out of all of it was the Fairytale Caverns. Honestly one of the coolest things I ever seen. The employees were friendly, and the gift shop had many neat things for sale. Would love to come here again for our third anniversary!
One of my favorite places to visit in the Chattanooga area. The views are absolutely gorgeous! The rock formations are very cool; both natural and man-made. The fairytale area is really cool and the kids absolutely love it. The glow-in-the-dark characters are very cool. The cost was higher than expected this time, but still quite enjoyable to visit.
Great afternoon wandering through the area. Even though the area has not seen much rain this year it was still lush and green. Lots of photo opportunities and it's nice to travel/walk at your own pace. I will go back just because of the adventure. Everyone we met was just as friendly as can be. True southern charm.
Great place to bring the family. It never gets old. I’ve been going for the past 15 years of my life and my family recently started really doing the events. They are awesome. It’s such a nice place to walk around and relax. My whole family loves it.