Ruby Falls1119 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: 1720 South Scenic Hwy, Chattanooga, TN 37409, 37409, United States
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4238212544
- Fax: +1-4238216705
- Ticket Price: 19 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Family And Kids, Landmarks, Natural
Discover the majestic beauty of Chattanooga. Located within the Lookout Mountain, this thundering 145-foot waterfall with its sheer beauty has offered a thrilling experience for visitors for over eighty years. It is said to be America’s deepest commercial cave and is said to be the largest underground waterfall. As you reach near the waterfall, the tour guides will take you into the cavern by elevator and will lead you along a long pathway. This tour will educate you about the different formation of the nature. After the tour, you can relax a bit on the deck and enjoy the 360 degree view of Chattanooga and the Tennessee Valley lying below from the Lookout Mountain Tower.
Your adventure doesn’t end here. On the site, you can try the new Ruby Falls ZIPstream Aerial Adventure which is open occasionally. Besides, weekly lantern tours are also hosted in which you can participate. For kids, Fun Forest Playground is there to explore.
On a whole, this world of wonder has something for everyone!
Ruby Falls Travel Tips
- Wear weather appropriate clothing.
- Wear appropriate footwear as there is hiking involved.
- For toddlers, infant backpack or front carrier is suitable while visiting Ruby Falls.
- Handicap accessibility is possible only till the Ruby Falls main building.
- Pets are not allowed only in the Rock city.
- The Cavern Cafe is open year round offering deli sandwiches and pizza. Fun Forest Grill is open seasonally on the Ruby Falls deck offering short-order style dining.
- All tours through Ruby Falls are guided.
- Cameras and video recorders are allowed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Ruby Falls
- Children of agegroup 3-12 years - $10.95
- Double Play combination (Ruby Falls & Rock City) - $35.90 (Adults), $20.90 (Children 3-12)
- Ruby Falls ZIPStream Aerial Adventure – Extreme Adventure Pass: $44.95 (Adults), Children Adventure Pass: $24.95 (Children 3-12 years)
- Add on Ruby Falls Tour to ZIPStream Aerial Adventure - $13.95(Adults), $6.95(Children 3-12)
- Discount Triple Play (Includes Ruby falls, Rock city, Incline Railway) - $48.90 (Adults), $25.90 (Children 3-12)
- Annual Pass – $32.95(adults), $16.95 (Children 3-12), $129.95 (2 specified adults and 2 children or grandchildren)
Ruby Falls Hours
- Ruby Falls will be closing at 7:30pm on the following dates for private events: Thursday, September 3rd; Sunday, September 20; and Sunday, September 27.
- Ruby Falls ZIPStream hours vary by season. Check the official website for details.
How to Reach Ruby Falls
- By car , exits 174, 175 and 178 off interstate 24.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chattanooga before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chattanooga and book an accommodation of your choice.
83.07% of people who visit Chattanooga include Ruby Falls in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
38.24% of people start their Ruby Falls visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ruby Falls
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ruby Falls
Incredible world underground, where nature shows its own beauty. While you go through the path, you can enjoy the different structures that have formed during the years with no human intervention, and at the end the most spectacular show, where the colorful lights make the Ruby fall a pretty sight. It might get slippery on parts, but in general the path is easy to go. It can get a little cold down there, but it is a really nice walk to share with family and friends.
First time visiting Ruby Falls. Our tour guide, Benji was great. So informative and great personality. Today happened to be his birthday so we all wished him a Happy birthday! The falls are absolutely breathtaking. Highly recommend this on any Chattanooga trip.
Amazing being that far underground and learning the history of how it was discovered. Quite an experience. The falls and the grand cavern are beautiful and its really spooky with the lights off. Really cool where the name of the falls came from as well. Highly recommended. While we were in the caves, we passed people from all over the world quite literally.
I kept seeing signs for Ruby Falls about 100 miles out. My curiosity got the best of me and when I saw the sign to turn now I did. I was very surprised and love this place. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and did a very good job. If your looking for a break from driving this is a good place to do that
This is a great family attraction. It is roughly an 90 minute tour of an expansive cave system that takes you to a waterfall deep underground. Note: some parts of the tour take you through places that are limited in height and some places that are a little narrow to get through. I am 6'-0" and 210 lbs and was able to comfortably take the tour. People who are taller or heavier may have difficulty.
Can you purchase tickets onsite? Thanks, AnjelaAnswer Report Abuse
Yes, you can buy tickets for Ruby Falls directly onsite.Report Abuse