Ruby FallsCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: 1720 South Scenic Hwy, Chattanooga, TN 37409, 37409, United States
- Timings: 08:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-4238212544
- Fax: +1-4238216705
- Ticket Price: 19 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Waterfall, Family And Kids, Landmarks, Natural
Discover the majestic beauty of Chattanooga. Located within the Lookout Mountain, this thundering 145-foot waterfall with its sheer beauty has offered a thrilling experience for visitors for over eighty years. It is said to be America’s deepest commercial cave and is said to be the largest underground waterfall. As you reach near the waterfall, the tour guides will take you into the cavern by elevator and will lead you along a long pathway. This tour will educate you about the different formation of the nature. After the tour, you can relax a bit on the deck and enjoy the 360 degree view of Chattanooga and the Tennessee Valley lying below from the Lookout Mountain Tower.
Your adventure doesn’t end here. On the site, you can try the new Ruby Falls ZIPstream Aerial Adventure which is open occasionally. Besides, weekly lantern tours are also hosted in which you can participate. For kids, Fun Forest Playground is there to explore.
On a whole, this world of wonder has something for everyone!
- Wear weather appropriate clothing.
- Wear appropriate footwear as there is hiking involved.
- For toddlers, infant backpack or front carrier is suitable while visiting Ruby Falls.
- Handicap accessibility is possible only till the Ruby Falls main building.
- Pets are not allowed only in the Rock city.
- The Cavern Cafe is open year round offering deli sandwiches and pizza. Fun Forest Grill is open seasonally on the Ruby Falls deck offering short-order style dining.
- All tours through Ruby Falls are guided.
- Cameras and video recorders are allowed.
- Children of agegroup 3-12 years - $10.95
- Double Play combination (Ruby Falls & Rock City) - $35.90 (Adults), $20.90 (Children 3-12)
- Ruby Falls ZIPStream Aerial Adventure – Extreme Adventure Pass: $44.95 (Adults), Children Adventure Pass: $24.95 (Children 3-12 years)
- Add on Ruby Falls Tour to ZIPStream Aerial Adventure - $13.95(Adults), $6.95(Children 3-12)
- Discount Triple Play (Includes Ruby falls, Rock city, Incline Railway) - $48.90 (Adults), $25.90 (Children 3-12)
- Annual Pass – $32.95(adults), $16.95 (Children 3-12), $129.95 (2 specified adults and 2 children or grandchildren)
- Ruby Falls will be closing at 7:30pm on the following dates for private events: Thursday, September 3rd; Sunday, September 20; and Sunday, September 27.
- Ruby Falls ZIPStream hours vary by season. Check the official website for details.
- By car , exits 174, 175 and 178 off interstate 24.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chattanooga before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chattanooga and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Chattanooga include Ruby Falls in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
38.24% of people start their Ruby Falls visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ruby Falls
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ruby Falls
Amazing! Totally worth the money. Our tour guide Martin was great! He was funny and very knowledgeable. There was a little bit of a walk once inside the cavern, but it went relatively quickly due to so many things to look at. Most big landmarks in the cavern were clearly labeled and all the pathways were well lit. Definitely a tour to remember!
Fascinating place and a great experience, a must see if you're in lookout mountain. You can get a 3 in 1 ticket for the falls, incline railway and rock city for a reduced price. I'd recommend getting there early as it gets really busy, which can mean a lot of waiting around above and below ground. When we visited there was a lot of time spent hanging around in the caves themselves waiting for other groups to pass on the way out. The guides are excellent though, great humour (although be prepared for a lot of cheesy jokes! Personally i didnt mind this at all) and very knowledgeable, keeping you entertained and well informed all the way. The falls themselves are spectacular and well worth the walk and waiting around. Be sure to wear sensible foot wear though, as parts are very slippery, uneven and extremely narrow in some cases. Also if you're tall, duck! Not a problem i have, but parts are really low and bumped heads on those rocks hurt. All in all a highly enjoyable experience, and one I'd definitely recommend.
Nice but to many people, not really a cave experience. If you plan to go try off season. Parking staff and all staff are very helpful and on cue. Sorry about the one star but I spend to much time against the wall waiting for people to pass. It's like Disney World let's make as much money as we can. Its a cattle experience.
Breathtaking! This is a guided tour through beautiful underground caverns. Groups of about 15-20 people at a time. Guides are witty and knowledgeable. At the end of the caverns is an Underground Waterfall! We took our 9 year old and all of us loved it. Sometimes there is a package deal for Ruby Falls, Incline Railway and Rock City. Well worth it!
Went as a little kid and was impressed, came back as an adult and still just as impressed. So grateful that I got to take my family to experience this. As an adult it's much more interesting to hear about the facts while you walk through but the kids will love it anyways when you get to the final stop!