Walnut Street BridgeCurrently Open
- Address: Walnut Street, Chattanooga, TN 37403, United States Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-4236436096
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Bridge, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Built between 1884 and 1923, Walnut Street Bridge is considered as one of the excellent examples of the Phoenix wrought-iron truss bridge connecting the Downtown Chattanooga with the North Shore. Till date this oldest non-military highway is said to be the longest pedestrian bridge in the world. Down the line many changes have been made to the structure of the bridge to turn it into a pedestrian walkway. It is also said to be an all time favorite place of the locals and visitors alike. Walk across the bridge to get a stunning panoramic view of Chattanooga’s Waterfront, Tennessee Aquarium and Coolidge Park. You might find this bridge to be a perfect backdrop for many wedding photographs and special events of Chattanooga’s residents.
Walnut Street Bridge Travel Tips
- Pets on leash are welcome.
Walnut Street Bridge Hours
- It is open throughout the year.
How to Reach Walnut Street Bridge
- By car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chattanooga before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chattanooga and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Walnut Street Bridge Address: Walnut Street, Chattanooga, TN 37403, United States
- Walnut Street Bridge Contact Number: +1-4236436096
- Walnut Street Bridge Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Walnut Street Bridge(preferred time): 03:00 pm - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Walnut Street Bridge: 00:45 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
65.86% of people who visit Chattanooga include Walnut Street Bridge in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
42.92% of people start their Walnut Street Bridge visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Walnut Street Bridge
52% of people prefer walking in order to reach Walnut Street Bridge
People normally club together Creative Discovery Museum and Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel while planning their visit to Walnut Street Bridge.