Walnut Street Bridge, Chattanooga
About Walnut Street Bridge, Chattanooga
Walnut Street Bridge, Chattanooga - Address, Phone Number
Address: Walnut Street, Chattanooga, TN 37403
Time Required: 00:45 Mins
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 5.9K times in trip plans
Bridge, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Built between 1884 and 1923, Walnut Street Bridge is considered as one of the excellent examples of the Phoenix wrought-iron truss bridge connecting the Downtown Chattanooga with the North Shore. Till date this oldest non-military highway is said to be the longest pedestrian bridge in the world. Down the line many changes have been made to the structure of the bridge to turn it into a pedestrian walkway. It is also said to be an all time favorite place of the locals and visitors alike. Walk across the bridge to get a stunning panoramic view of Chattanooga’s Waterfront, Tennessee Aquarium and Coolidge Park. You might find this bridge to be a perfect backdrop for many wedding photographs and special events of Chattanooga’s residents.
Walnut Street Bridge Information
- Pets on leash are welcome.
Walnut Street Bridge Opening and Closing Hours
- It is open throughout the year.
How To reach Walnut Street Bridge by Public Transport
- By car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chattanooga before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chattanooga and book an accommodation of your choice.
Walnut Street Bridge, Chattanooga Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Living Faith Church
- Crosspath Church
- East Ridge United Methodist Church
- Rivermont Presbyterian Church
- Valleybrook Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- North Hixson Church Of God
- First Baptist Church Of Hixson
- Hixson Church
- Hixson United Methodist Church Child
- Burks United Methodist Church
- Chattanooga Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Chattanooga
- What to See in 48 Hours in Chattanooga
- What to See in 72 Hours in Chattanooga
- How to Spend 5 Days in Chattanooga
- How to Spend 6 Days in Chattanooga
- How to Spend 7 Days in Chattanooga