Giant Panda Breeding Research Base, Chengdu
About Giant Panda Breeding Research Base, Chengdu
Giant Panda Breeding Research Base, Chengdu - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Chengdu, China
Ticket Price: 58 CNY
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 07:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 6.3K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Wildlife Park, Educational Site, Entertainment, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Beloved by the entire world, these adorable Giant Pandas are China’s treasure. Only found in Sichuan, Shaanxi and Gansu provinces, just 1000 live today. 80% of the existing Pandas are distributed within the Sichuan province and Chengdu is the right place to meet these lovely creatures.
The Panda Breeding and Research centre thrives to create and imitate the natural habitat of Panda’s to make them feel at home and accelerate their rearing and breeding. Taking care of Pandas and other endangered wild creatures is the prime objective of the centre. Giant Pandas, Lesser Pandas, Black-necked cranes, white strokes and 20 other species of rare animals roam freely and call this centre a home. Lush green Bamboo forests, bright flowers, natural hill and fresh air make it an alluring sight.
The Giant Panda museum which operates since 1993 is one of its kind Museum and it establishes to improve public awareness about protection of wild animals and their natural habitat. Claimed as world’s only thematic museum for rare and endangered animal species, the museum is spread over three halls and the exhibits include precious pictures and around 800 materials showing more than 2140 samples of animals, birds, amphibians, reptiles and insects as well as fossils and models.
Visit this centre and experience the bio-diversity of China in a unique way!
Giant Panda Breeding Research Base Information
- All activities that include close contact with Pandas are suspended since Jan 2015, you can find out locally if these activities are resumed when planning the visit.
Giant Panda Breeding Research Base Ticket Prices
- There are extra charges for holding baby Panda and clicking pictures.
Giant Panda Breeding Research Base Opening and Closing Hours
- Ticket counter loses at 05.00 pm.
- The active breakfast time is between 09.00 am to 10.00 am, try visiting at this time.
How To reach Giant Panda Breeding Research Base by Public Transport
- By Taxi
- By Bus 60 and 198
Restaurants Near Giant Panda Breeding Research Base
- Xiaoxiao Tea Workshop
- Shuji Snack
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chengdu before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chengdu and book an accommodation of your choice.
Giant Panda Breeding Research Base, Chengdu Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Kuixinglou Community
- Qin Tai Lu 3 Hao Yuan
- Southwest Jiaotong University （west Gate）
- Pingle Ancient Town
- Wenshu Monastery
- Southwest Petroleum University （northwest Gate）
- Xi An Lu Jie Dao Yong Ling She Qu
- Chengdu Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Chengdu
- What to See in 48 Hours in Chengdu
- What to See in 72 Hours in Chengdu
- How to Spend 5 Days in Chengdu
- How to Spend 6 Days in Chengdu
- How to Spend 7 Days in Chengdu