How to Reach Chengdu - The Easiest Way to Reach Chengdu
HOW TO GET TO CHENGDU
- By Air: Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport is located around 20 kilometres from city centre and there are regular flights to Chengdu from Amsterdam, Bangkok, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Kathmandu, London, Mumbai, Osaka, Phnom Penh, Kuala Lumpur, San Francisco, Seoul, Singapore, Taipei, and Tokyo. Chengdu is also well-connected to most major cities in China. Once reached the airport, tourists can take the shuttle bus or a taxi to get to the city centre.
- By Bus: Chengdu has three major bus stations namely- Chadianzi, New South Gate and Wuguiqiao. These stations serve buses to and from all the major destinations in China.
- By Train: There are trains to Chengdu from major Chinese cities like Beijing, Shanghai, Chongqing, Xi'an and Kunming in Yunnan.
HOW TO GET AROUND CHENGDU
- By Metro: The newest Chengdu transportation, some lines in the city are still under construction. Hop in for affordable and comfortable ride.
- By Bus: Chengdu is well connected by bus networks spanning over the entire city. If staying for a longer duration, you can purchase a transit card for cashless travel within the city.
- By Taxi: Taxis are readily available in the main areas and are rare to spot in some. Chengdu travel guide recommends negotiating the fares before getting in.
- By motorized pedi-cab: Some of these are available and can take you to moderate distances.
- By bi-cycles: If you are up for a fun-ride, you can hire a bi-cycle or ask for it at the hotel where you are staying.
Are you looking for a Chengdu travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Chengdu
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Chengdu. The most preferred mode of transport in Chengdu is Working from Home.
Average distance: 7 km Average time: 38.6 min
Train/Metro 28.57%Train 30 min Waiting 6.5 min Other 5 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 11 kms 46.5 min
Car 14.29%Driving 25 min Walking 10 min Overall average time for 7 kms 35 min
Bike 14.29%Bike 20 min Overall average time for 4 kms 20 min
Walking 14.29%Walking 45 min Overall average time for 2 kms 45 min
How to Reach Chengdu from Nearby Cities
|Kunming to Chengdu||206.32 km||3 hours 26 mins|
|Chongqing to Chengdu||278 km||4 hours 38 mins|
|Xi'an to Chengdu||552.21 km||9 hours 12 mins|
|Bangkok to Chengdu||561.09 km||9 hours 21 mins|
|Guilin to Chengdu||714.26 km||11 hours 54 mins|
|Sungai buloh to Chengdu||727.23 km||12 hours 7 mins|
|Petaling jaya to Chengdu||728.38 km||12 hours 8 mins|
|Singapore to Chengdu||782.02 km||13 hours 2 mins|
|Zhongshan to Chengdu||1075.34 km||17 hours 55 mins|
|Macau to Chengdu||1094.73 km||18 hours 14 mins|
- How to reach Luocheng
- How to reach Dujiangyan
- How to reach Mianyang
- How to reach Yucheng
- How to reach Leshan
- How to reach Suining
- How to reach Yancheng Drug Store
- How to reach Aba
- How to reach Garze
- How to reach Beijing
- How to reach Shanghai
- How to reach Shenyang
- How to reach Xian
- How to reach Shenzhen
- How to reach Qingdao