Are you looking for what to do in Chengdu?
PLACES TO SEE
- Museums: Jinsha Site museum and Three-Star Piles Museum/Sanxingdui Museum are prominent archaeological museums worth visiting.
- Wuhou Memorial Temple: This is a memorial temple dedicated to Zhue Liang- the Martial Marquis of Shu in the three kingdoms period. This temple covers an area of 37000 square meters and the date of its establishment is unknown. The current temple was rebuilt in 1672 and is surrounded by old cypresses and classical red walls.
- Du Fu cottage: A home of a very famous Chinese poet belonging to the Tang Dynasty, this place dates back to a thousand years and is also known as Thatched cottage of Du Fu.
- Dujiangyan Irrigation System: Chengdu is China’s very own natural storehouse and Dujiangyan Irrigation dating back to 2200 years.
- Wenshu Yuan (Manjusri) Monastery: A home to Buddhist association of Sichuan province and a well-preserved Buddhist temple in Chengdu, this monastery was built during the rule of Tang dynasty and was also called as Xinxiang temple.
- Giant Panda Breeding Research Base (Xiongmao Jidi): A home to Adorbale Pandas and other endangered wild animals. A must-visit tourist attraction in Chengdu!
THINGS TO DO
- For fun and Amusement, especially if travelling with kids, visit the Happy Valley theme park.
- Go for skiing on Xiling Snow Mountain.
- Catch a Chinese opera performance, shop for souvenirs and taste the local food at Jinli Street.
- Chill, relax and have a Picnic at Chengdu Renmin Park.
- Explore the Hakka culture: Visit the Luodai ancient town.
- Walk Kuan-zhai Ancient Street of Qing Dynasty.
- Enjoy a cable ride to Mount Qingcheng.
Below we have a list of things to do in Chengdu and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Chengdu getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Chengdu with confidence.