Fort Museum11 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Fort St George, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600009, India Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +9144-25671127
- Ticket Price: 15 INR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids
Also referred to as White Town historically, the Fort Museum is a Chennai attraction built in the year 1644. Owing to this fort’s construction, there was a steady rise in trading activities further settlements, given the being of this once-inhabited land. Today the property is home to not just the Tamil Nadu legislative assembly but also other official buildings.
The museum is one of the very few surviving buildings today, owing to a very a good maintenance. Ten galleries accommodate various antiquities that are the main draw of this place. All in all, the Fort Museum accommodates several important items of crucial significance in Chennai’s history. From war weapons, to porcelains used by the British, a Miscellany Gallery, Prints and Document Gallery, Indo-French Gallery and a coin Gallery among more; is what you can look forward to here.
Entrance Ticket Details For Fort Museum
- Given prices are for Indian adults.
- Foreigner adults: INR 200
- Children up to 15 years free.
How to Reach Fort Museum
- Secretariat bus station
- Reserve Bank Of India bus station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chennai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chennai and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Fort Museum Address: Fort St George, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600009, India
- Fort Museum Contact Number: +9144-25671127
- Fort Museum Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Fort Museum Price: 15 INR
- Time required to visit Fort Museum: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.17% of people who visit Chennai include Fort Museum in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
95% of people start their Fort Museum visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Fort Museum
50% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fort Museum
People normally club together St Mary's Church and Chennai Citi Center while planning their visit to Fort Museum.