How to Reach Chennai - The Easiest Way to Reach Chennai
HOW TO GET IN CHENNAI
- By Air: Chennai has an international (Anna airport) and domestic airport (named Kama raj) at Tirisulam near Meenambakkam. You can travel from New Delhi or Mumbai to Chennai through plane as there will always be domestic flights running between these metropolitan cities. International travelers can reach directly to Chennai airport provided if you have direct flights from your country.
- By Train: Train facilities are also available from almost all the places in the country. Major cities like Bangalore, Mumbai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Ahmadabad and many more are connected to Chennai via rail routes.
- By Bus: Chennai has an air bus and Volvo bus running between the neighboring states like Andhra, Karnataka, and Kerala. These buses are also available for all the places within Tamil Nadu. Buses run every hour from Tirupati, Pondicherry, Coimbatore,Tirunelveli to Chennai.
- By Car: You could also get to Chennai by a private or hired car from Kolkata, Bengaluru, Tiruchy/Madurai, Pondicherry, and Tiruvallur.
HOW TO GET AROUND CHENNAI
- By Train: Chennai has 4 major rail routes:
- Western Line: Chennai Central, North Line: Chennai Central, South Line: Chennai Beach and MRTS Line: Chennai Beach which can be used to get around the city.
- By Bus: You could cover almost all of Chennai via bus. Weekly and monthly bus passes are available for tourists as well.
- By Rickshaw: You could explore the city by private or shared auto as well.
- By Taxi: You could easily hire a taxi to get around the city.
- By car: you could us your private vehicle or rent a car to get around the city.
Are you looking for a Chennai travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Chennai
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Chennai. The most preferred mode of transport in Chennai is Car.
Average distance: 15.01 km Average time: 47.64 min
Car 31.13%Driving 41.3 min Walking 0.3 min Overall average time for 17.22 kms 41.61 min
Bike 16.04%Bike 36.35 min Walking 0.06 min Overall average time for 11.76 kms 36.41 min
Motorbike 11.32%Motorbike 33.25 min Waiting 0.42 min Walking 0.42 min Overall average time for 12.33 kms 34.08 min
Bus/Trolleybus 16.98%Bus 53.33 min Waiting 7.39 min Walking 5.33 min Train 5.28 min Other 1.39 min Overall average time for 19.83 kms 72.72 min
Walking 12.26%Walking 41.69 min Driving 8.85 min Bike 1.54 min Motorbike 1.23 min Overall average time for 6.54 kms 53.31 min
Train/Metro 5.66%Train 35.83 min Waiting 7 min Walking 4 min Bus 2.5 min Overall average time for 25.67 kms 49.33 min
How to Reach Chennai from Nearby Cities
|Sholinganallur to Chennai||6.23 km||6 mins|
|Anna nagar to Chennai||7.25 km||7 mins|
|Siruseri to Chennai||9.17 km||9 mins|
|Ponneri to Chennai||10.31 km||10 mins|
|Mahabalipuram to Chennai||12.52 km||12 mins|
|Ambattur to Chennai||14.1 km||14 mins|
|Kalpakkam to Chennai||16.82 km||16 mins|
|Avadi to Chennai||19.44 km||19 mins|
|Sriperumbudur to Chennai||37.73 km||37 mins|
- How to reach Santhosapuram
- How to reach Ongur
- How to reach Tirupati
- How to reach Vellore
- How to reach Puducherry
- How to reach Kadampuliyur
- How to reach Nagalur
- How to reach Yercaud
- How to reach Marathahalli
- How to reach Agra
- How to reach Leh
- How to reach Mumbai
- How to reach Delhi
- How to reach Amritsar
- How to reach Jaipur