How to Reach Chennai
How to reach Chennai
HOW TO GET IN CHENNAI
- By Air: Chennai has an international (Anna airport) and domestic airport (named Kama raj) at Tirisulam near Meenambakkam. You can travel from New Delhi or Mumbai to Chennai through plane as there will always be domestic flights running between these metropolitan cities. International travelers can reach directly to Chennai airport provided if you have direct flights from your country.
- By Train: Train facilities are also available from almost all the places in the country. Major cities like Bangalore, Mumbai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Ahmadabad and many more are connected to Chennai via rail routes.
- By Bus: Chennai has an air bus and Volvo bus running between the neighboring states like Andhra, Karnataka, and Kerala. These buses are also available for all the places within Tamil Nadu. Buses run every hour from Tirupati, Pondicherry, Coimbatore,Tirunelveli to Chennai.
- By Car: You could also get to Chennai by a private or hired car from Kolkata, Bengaluru, Tiruchy/Madurai, Pondicherry, and Tiruvallur.
HOW TO GET AROUND CHENNAI
- By Train: Chennai has 4 major rail routes:
- Western Line: Chennai Central, North Line: Chennai Central, South Line: Chennai Beach and MRTS Line: Chennai Beach which can be used to get around the city.
- By Bus: You could cover almost all of Chennai via bus. Weekly and monthly bus passes are available for tourists as well.
- By Rickshaw: You could explore the city by private or shared auto as well.
- By Taxi: You could easily hire a taxi to get around the city.
- By car: you could us your private vehicle or rent a car to get around the city.
Modes of Transportation in Chennai
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Chennai. The most preferred mode of transport in Chennai is Car.
Average distance: 14.47 km Average time: 46.31 min
Car 28.95%Driving 38.73 min Walking 0.36 min Overall average time for 16.18 kms 39.09 min
Motorbike 13.16%Motorbike 34.4 min Waiting 0.5 min Walking 0.5 min Overall average time for 13 kms 35.4 min
Bike 13.16%Bike 27.3 min Walking 0.1 min Overall average time for 9.8 kms 27.4 min
Bus/Trolleybus 19.74%Bus 56 min Waiting 8 min Train 5.67 min Walking 5 min Other 0.67 min Overall average time for 20.93 kms 75.33 min
Walking 13.16%Walking 35.2 min Driving 6.5 min Bike 2 min Motorbike 1.6 min Overall average time for 6.3 kms 45.3 min
Train/Metro 5.26%Train 37.5 min Waiting 4.25 min Bus 3.75 min Walking 3.5 min Overall average time for 22.75 kms 49 min
- Other Cities
- How To Reach Ujjain
- How To Reach Manali
- How To Reach Rishikesh
- How To Reach Agonda
- How To Reach Kanyakumari
- How To Reach Neil Island
- How To Reach Ajmer
- How To Reach Kochi
- How To Reach Mysore
- How To Reach Guwahati
- Nearby Cities
- How To Reach Agra
- How To Reach Leh
- How To Reach Mumbai
- How To Reach Delhi
- How To Reach Amritsar
- How To Reach Jaipur
- How To Reach Panaji
- How To Reach Varanasi
- How To Reach Mount Abu
- How To Reach Bandhavgarh National Park