How to Reach Chennai, India
The Easiest Way to Reach Chennai
HOW TO GET IN CHENNAI
- By Air: Chennai has an international (Anna airport) and domestic airport (named Kama raj) at Tirisulam near Meenambakkam. You can travel from New Delhi or Mumbai to Chennai through plane as there will always be domestic flights running between these metropolitan cities. International travelers can reach directly to Chennai airport provided if you have direct flights from your country.
- By Train: Train facilities are also available from almost all the places in the country. Major cities like Bangalore, Mumbai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Ahmadabad and many more are connected to Chennai via rail routes.
- By Bus: Chennai has an air bus and Volvo bus running between the neighboring states like Andhra, Karnataka, and Kerala. These buses are also available for all the places within Tamil Nadu. Buses run every hour from Tirupati, Pondicherry, Coimbatore,Tirunelveli to Chennai.
- By Car: You could also get to Chennai by a private or hired car from Kolkata, Bengaluru, Tiruchy/Madurai, Pondicherry, and Tiruvallur.
HOW TO GET AROUND CHENNAI
- By Train: Chennai has 4 major rail routes:
- Western Line: Chennai Central, North Line: Chennai Central, South Line: Chennai Beach and MRTS Line: Chennai Beach which can be used to get around the city.
- By Bus: You could cover almost all of Chennai via bus. Weekly and monthly bus passes are available for tourists as well.
- By Rickshaw: You could explore the city by private or shared auto as well.
- By Taxi: You could easily hire a taxi to get around the city.
- By car: you could us your private vehicle or rent a car to get around the city.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Chennai and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Chennai
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Chennai. The most preferred mode of transport in Chennai is Car.
Average distance: 14.77 km Average time: 45.4 min
Car 28.89%Driving 37.96 min Walking 0.38 min Overall average time for 15.88 kms 38.35 min
Bike 15.56%Bike 30.21 min Walking 0.07 min Overall average time for 11 kms 30.29 min
Walking 11.11%Walking 35.2 min Driving 6.5 min Bike 2 min Motorbike 1.6 min Overall average time for 6.3 kms 45.3 min
Bus/Trolleybus 18.89%Bus 53.82 min Waiting 7.53 min Train 5.59 min Walking 5.47 min Other 1.47 min Overall average time for 20.53 kms 73.88 min
Motorbike 13.33%Motorbike 33.25 min Waiting 0.42 min Walking 0.42 min Overall average time for 12.33 kms 34.08 min
Train/Metro 6.67%Train 35.83 min Waiting 7 min Walking 4 min Bus 2.5 min Overall average time for 25.67 kms 49.33 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Chennai
- How to reach Alandur
- How to reach Nanganallur
- How to reach Madipakkam
- How to reach Tirupati
- How to reach Vellore
- How to reach Puducherry
- How to reach Sholinganallur
- How to reach Ashok Nagar
- How to reach Pallavaram
- How to Reach Top Cities in India
- How to reach Agra
- How to reach Leh
- How to reach Mumbai
- How to reach Delhi
- How to reach Amritsar
- How to reach Jaipur
- How to reach Sindkhed Raja
- How to reach Hasimara
- How to reach Googal
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Jementah
- How to reach Cheddar
- How to reach Dunster