Kalakshetra FoundationCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Kalakshetra Road, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600041, India
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 044-24521169
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Entertainment, Performance, Family And Kids
Kalakshetra Foundation - Review
It is no news, how dance is a big and celebrated form of art in the South of India, and especially Chennai. There are several institutions throughout the city, that have garnered attention for maintaining, preserving and flourishing this art form. The Kalakshetra Foundation is one of those Chennai attractions that will be liked by anyone who has a thing for art and dance. This place also holds activities and craft exhibitions, making it one of the best things to do in Chennai with kids.
Kalakshetra Foundation Information
- You can buy dance accessories from the shops around.
- Do watch out for their annual concerts and dances, they’re exceptional to watch.
- You can spend a good hour or two watching the different classes.
- Carefully dress to their preferences as per their website.
- Quiet observation is a must.
- Visit the museum!
- Take a peek at their courses if you’re interested in learning traditional Indian dance.
Kalakshetra Foundation Ticket Prices
- Rs 500 for foreign nationals and NRIs; Rs 100 for Indian residents; Rs 50 for alumni of Kalakshetra and all students.
Kalakshetra Foundation Opening and Closing Hours
- The campus is open from 8:30am to 11:30am from Monday to Friday, July to February.
- The craft centre is open from 9:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 5:00pm, Monday to Saturday.
- All closed 2nd and 4th Saturday of month.
How To reach Kalakshetra Foundation by Public Transport
- Thiruvanmiyur bus station
Restaurants Near Kalakshetra Foundation
- Benjarong (Thai/ 2000 INR for two)
- Tuscana Pizzeria (Italian, Pizza/ 1500 INR for two)
- Southern Spice (South Indian, Kerala, Andhra, North Indian/ 600 INR for two)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chennai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chennai and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Kalakshetra Foundation
85.57% of people who visit Chennai include Kalakshetra Foundation in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
50.94% of people start their Kalakshetra Foundation visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Kalakshetra Foundation
94.65% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kalakshetra Foundation
Kalakshetra Foundation Map
Kalakshetra Foundation Trips
Kalakshetra Foundation, Chennai Reviews
Best place to roam around. Love the greenery, the old huge trees. The place has a character, a culture and vibes. The stage by the pond is magical.
A very famous and well known place for learning arts of various kind. They also have a ground for hosting exhibitions. Once in a while, they showcase சந்தை (market place) where people from all over India showcase their goods. Most of them are hand crafted goods, organic food and other such items. It's definitely a must visit place for it's feel and the products you can buy.
Beautiful place and people. This place is a must visit if you are in Chennai for some time. They have a small shop where they sell authentic Kalamkari fabrics and stuff made by their students. Kalakshetra university is a great place to learn classical performing arts.
One of the most peaceful places in Chennai. The performance I witnessed was nothing short of extraordinary! Lovely place. Must visit.
An internationally well known place started by an equally famous personality rukmlni devi arundale stands for all that is dance, music culture etc.whem she was alive and active she managed to rope in the cream of artists into her fold.her ballets on epics like ramayanas are still a great draw. Kalakshetra has regular courses for aspiring students Having a huge campus classes are conducted under big trees and natural atmosphere . Their is lot more to write about it. On the whole a place worth visiting and also learning
All QuestionsKalakshetra foundation
- Griffith Memorials
- Uplands Shoe Repairs
- The Garage
- The Grove Gallery
- Dioces Of Swansea & Brecon
- Pantygwydr Baptist Church
- A B Sea School
- St Benedicts R C Church
- Green Baize Snooker Club
- Artists Blank Canvas
- Austin Designs
- St Jude's
- Dylan Thomas Birthplace & Family Home
- Gateway Church Caerphilly