Kalakshetra FoundationCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Kalakshetra Road, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600041, India
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: 044-24521169
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Entertainment, Performance, Family And Kids
Kalakshetra Foundation - Review
It is no news, how dance is a big and celebrated form of art in the South of India, and especially Chennai. There are several institutions throughout the city, that have garnered attention for maintaining, preserving and flourishing this art form. The Kalakshetra Foundation is one of those Chennai attractions that will be liked by anyone who has a thing for art and dance. This place also holds activities and craft exhibitions, making it one of the best things to do in Chennai with kids.
Kalakshetra Foundation Information
- You can buy dance accessories from the shops around.
- Do watch out for their annual concerts and dances, they’re exceptional to watch.
- You can spend a good hour or two watching the different classes.
- Carefully dress to their preferences as per their website.
- Quiet observation is a must.
- Visit the museum!
- Take a peek at their courses if you’re interested in learning traditional Indian dance.
Kalakshetra Foundation Ticket Prices
- Rs 500 for foreign nationals and NRIs; Rs 100 for Indian residents; Rs 50 for alumni of Kalakshetra and all students.
Kalakshetra Foundation Hours
- The campus is open from 8:30am to 11:30am from Monday to Friday, July to February.
- The craft centre is open from 9:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 5:00pm, Monday to Saturday.
- All closed 2nd and 4th Saturday of month.
How To reach Kalakshetra Foundation by Public Transport
- Thiruvanmiyur bus station
Restaurants Near Kalakshetra Foundation
- Benjarong (Thai/ 2000 INR for two)
- Tuscana Pizzeria (Italian, Pizza/ 1500 INR for two)
- Southern Spice (South Indian, Kerala, Andhra, North Indian/ 600 INR for two)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chennai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chennai and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Kalakshetra Foundation
33.91% of people who visit Chennai include Kalakshetra Foundation in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
41.88% of people start their Kalakshetra Foundation visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Kalakshetra Foundation
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kalakshetra Foundation
Kalakshetra Foundation Trips
Kalakshetra Foundation, Chennai Reviews
Kalakshetra, well-known for Arts, culture & Tradition. Always speaks its uniqueness through the cultural programs. Famous place in state and well known for artists. The place is covered with full of trees, sea-shore area. Easily findable from Traffic. Foundation has its own Auditorium and parking available... 15 mins walk from Thiruvanmiyur bus depot
Unique environment. Great auditorium, rebuilt after 2016 cyclone. Please be prepared for the fact that it is open and not AC.
Love it. Often they have fairs, which have artisans from around the country sell their products. A lot of variety.
A calm and classy performance venue. A cosy space.
Amazing Handicrafts place. Indigenous stuffs for sale. Must check out.