Little Mount11 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Lourd Doss Grotto Road, Little Mount, West Saidapet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600015, India Map
- Timings: 06:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +9144-22351863
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site
Perched on this quaint hillock of Little Mount or Chinnamalai, the Little Mount Church holds high significance. It is believed to be the place where St Thomas, an apostle of Jesus lived and preached while he was in India. Later, the Portuguese built a church here in the 1551 AD for St Thomas. And there is a belief that in the year of 68A.D. the Holy Shrine originated here too.
You can take your pick, but the church makes for one mesmeric Chennai attraction. The highlight of this church remains to be a small cave with a human footprint on, that is believed to be of St Thomas. Following this belief there is a notion of him even still living in the church. One church, where the history lovers will have a great time.
How to Reach Little Mount
- Saidapet Bus Depot
- Little Mount Metro Station
- Sirukalathur School
- Saidapet Court Bus Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chennai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chennai and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Little Mount Address: Lourd Doss Grotto Road, Little Mount, West Saidapet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600015, India
- Little Mount Contact Number: +9144-22351863
- Little Mount Timing: 06:00 am - 06:30 pm
- Time required to visit Little Mount: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.17% of people who visit Chennai include Little Mount in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
95% of people start their Little Mount visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Little Mount
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Little Mount
People normally also visit Chennai Citi Center while planning their trip to Little Mount.