Madras Crocodile Bank, ChennaiCurrently Open
- Address: Madras Crocodile Bank Trust and Centre for Herpetology 4, Mamallapuram-603 104, Tamil Nadu, S. India, Chennai
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +9144-27472447
- Ticket Price: 40 INR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids
About Madras Crocodile Bank, Chennai
Craving for a creepy adventure in Chennai? The Madras Crocodile Bank is all about that! With creepy, crawly creatures all around this popular Chennai attraction is a major draw for everyone. One of the best things to do in Chennai with kids, the park receives a lot of footfall from school picnics and educational tours. Essentially, a reptile zoo and herpetology research station this place in the outskirts of the city. The attraction garnered quite a lot of attention in its initial day of instigation for being the first crocodile breeding centre in Asia. It has preserved and maintained a natural habitat for its inmates. This habitat also serves as an abode to several exquisite bird species and olive ridley sea turtles on a beach inside. You will find most of the endangered crocodile species that of Indian native. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Chennai itinerary 1 day.
Madras Crocodile Bank Information
- Catch the feeding sessions that happen every Sunday!
- Find out more about the summer camps and treks they hold.
- Don’t miss the aquarium.
- The small snake park inside this place is good too for a new learning experience.
- Also check out the snake venom extraction area.
- You will need quite some time to spend here so come when you have the time.
- Be sure to stroll through each of the rooms the Swami lived in for a clear idea of the principles he lived by throughout his life.
Madras Crocodile Bank Ticket Prices
- The above-mentioned price is for adults.
- Children (below 10 years): INR 20 per person
- Night Safari tickets- Adults: INR 200; Children (below 10 years): INR 100
Madras Crocodile Bank Opening and Closing Hours
- Night safari: Tuesday to Saturday (By advance booking only) 7:00pm - 8:30pm
How To reach Madras Crocodile Bank by Public Transport
- Trains to Egmore and Chennai Central, which are very close.
- Be sure to ask local travelers or the bus conductor for more specific details.
- Vada Nemmeli Bus Station
Restaurants Near Madras Crocodile Bank
- Royal Restaurant
- The Dhaba
- Mouthful’s Flame Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chennai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chennai and book an accommodation of your choice.
Madras Crocodile Bank, Chennai Reviews
Nice place. We had a chance to see the crocodiles' fight. A good place for evening visit. Snake park is also there. You can see extraction process of poison from snakes. That was a new experience. Surely you will enjoy this place especially children. If you have luck you can see the biggest crocodile.
This is the great crocodile park of India that has varieties of crocodile collection. You also see varieties of tortoise over there. Decent entrance fee. Parking available but with charge. Good restaurant available near by the way not inside the park. Well maintained environment. Best place to bring kids. You can spend quality time with your friends and family.
Nice place to visit to have a look on bunch of crocodiles from various breed. In addition to crocodile, we can see turtles n different sizes. Snakes 🐍 also they are keeping for the purpose of taking venom from it.. for medical purposes. Don't miss to see the world's most dangerous animal in the world.
A good place to get educated about reptiles. The environment is very natural with lot of trees and birds. Neatly maintained. The staff are very polite and answer all your queries. The "snake venom extraction" demo is very interesting. You can never see so many varieties and number of crocodiles anywhere else .
CEO Madras crocodile sanctuary is really very good. it has lot of Crocodile of different varieties and I have never saw these many crocodiles anywhere. There you will find saltwater crocodile and normal water crocodile as well. Also there are big snakes like Viper Anaconda and big Turtles. this is a must visit place and I would advise everyone to carry on your kids to this place they will learn a lot of things at that place. what I know, it is the only place in India where all almost all kind of varieties of crocodiles are available. At this place there is a provision of snake show also. although that is being charged separately but that is also useful to see if you have time. You can watch it. This is very small duration show so anyone can enjoy it from a safe distance.