Madras Crocodile Bank2384 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: Madras Crocodile Bank Trust and Centre for Herpetology 4, Mamallapuram-603 104, Tamil Nadu, S. India, Chennai
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +9144-27472447
- Ticket Price: 200 INR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids
Craving for a creepy adventure in Chennai? The Madras Crocodile Bank is all about that! With creepy, crawly creatures all around this popular Chennai attraction is a major draw for everyone. One of the best things to do in Chennai with kids, the park receives a lot of footfall from school picnics and educational tours. Essentially, a reptile zoo and herpetology research station this place in the outskirts of the city. The attraction garnered quite a lot of attention in its initial day of instigation for being the first crocodile breeding centre in Asia. It has preserved and maintained a natural habitat for its inmates. This habitat also serves as an abode to several exquisite bird species and olive ridley sea turtles on a beach inside. You will find most of the endangered crocodile species that of Indian native. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Chennai itinerary 1 day.
Madras Crocodile Bank Travel Tips
- Catch the feeding sessions that happen every Sunday!
- Find out more about the summer camps and treks they hold.
- Don’t miss the aquarium.
- The small snake park inside this place is good too for a new learning experience.
- Also check out the snake venom extraction area.
- You will need quite some time to spend here so come when you have the time.
- Be sure to stroll through each of the rooms the Swami lived in for a clear idea of the principles he lived by throughout his life.
Entrance Ticket Details For Madras Crocodile Bank
- The above-mentioned price is for adults.
- Children (below 10 years): INR 20 per person
- Night Safari tickets- Adults: INR 200; Children (below 10 years): INR 100
Madras Crocodile Bank Hours
- Night safari: Tuesday to Saturday (By advance booking only) 7:00pm - 8:30pm
How to Reach Madras Crocodile Bank
- Trains to Egmore and Chennai Central, which are very close.
- Be sure to ask local travelers or the bus conductor for more specific details.
- Vada Nemmeli Bus Station
- Royal Restaurant
- The Dhaba
- Mouthful’s Flame Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chennai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chennai and book an accommodation of your choice.
39.99% of people who visit Chennai include Madras Crocodile Bank in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
50.58% of people start their Madras Crocodile Bank visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Madras Crocodile Bank
91.64% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Madras Crocodile Bank
Madras Crocodile Bank Reviews & Ratings
A really good place. Night safari is a must try here. I had been to the one and it was great. This is one of a kind experience. The place has literally no lights at night and they provide you with torches to guide your path. Crocodiles eyes shine like Pearls in this torch light. The guide on the safari are also very knowledgeable , overall a really good experience.
One of the most famous and world renowned crocodile bank. You can see several varieties of crocodiles and anyone who visits this place will realize how many different species are there and these gigantic reptiles' behaviour. It would be a good place to visit for children and adults alike. Maintenance of the place was good when we visited and you have several roadside vendors who will be selling Mangoes and Pineapples for snacks. Roadside vehicle parking is available.
Just Awesome... Lots n lots of crocodile... All are properly Maintained. Before visiting this park I don't even have idea about different different species in crocodile. Hats off and Best wishes to the Team of The Madras Crocodile Bank. Must Visit... Don't Miss... only 60/- Rupees is Entry Ticket Worth to Pay... One Hour will be enough for just walk and some Pic. If you go with reading all boards and information it will take around 3 hours.
Very nice place to see the crocodiles and other reptiles of various types at one place. They are present in abundance here. So many crocodiles but only one problem, you can hardly see them moving. varieties of tortoises are also good. The park is well maintained. Be careful while watching. Wonderful experience and must see place.
Nice and good place to spend time with family. Good for children who see real alligators. Tortoise also there. Everyday 3 pm they feed food to crocodiles. Nice to watch. If you want spend time with some adventures feel you can go there.