Madras Crocodile BankCurrently Closed
- Address: Madras Crocodile Bank Trust and Centre for Herpetology 4, Mamallapuram-603 104, Tamil Nadu, S. India, Chennai
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +9144-27472447
- Ticket Price: 40 INR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids
Madras Crocodile Bank - Review
Craving for a creepy adventure in Chennai? The Madras Crocodile Bank is all about that! With creepy, crawly creatures all around this popular Chennai attraction is a major draw for everyone. One of the best things to do in Chennai with kids, the park receives a lot of footfall from school picnics and educational tours. Essentially, a reptile zoo and herpetology research station this place in the outskirts of the city. The attraction garnered quite a lot of attention in its initial day of instigation for being the first crocodile breeding centre in Asia. It has preserved and maintained a natural habitat for its inmates. This habitat also serves as an abode to several exquisite bird species and olive ridley sea turtles on a beach inside. You will find most of the endangered crocodile species that of Indian native. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Chennai itinerary 1 day.
Madras Crocodile Bank Information
- Catch the feeding sessions that happen every Sunday!
- Find out more about the summer camps and treks they hold.
- Don’t miss the aquarium.
- The small snake park inside this place is good too for a new learning experience.
- Also check out the snake venom extraction area.
- You will need quite some time to spend here so come when you have the time.
- Be sure to stroll through each of the rooms the Swami lived in for a clear idea of the principles he lived by throughout his life.
Madras Crocodile Bank Ticket Prices
- The above-mentioned price is for adults.
- Children (below 10 years): INR 20 per person
- Night Safari tickets- Adults: INR 200; Children (below 10 years): INR 100
Madras Crocodile Bank Opening and Closing Hours
- Night safari: Tuesday to Saturday (By advance booking only) 7:00pm - 8:30pm
How To reach Madras Crocodile Bank by Public Transport
- Trains to Egmore and Chennai Central, which are very close.
- Be sure to ask local travelers or the bus conductor for more specific details.
- Vada Nemmeli Bus Station
Restaurants Near Madras Crocodile Bank
- Royal Restaurant
- The Dhaba
- Mouthful’s Flame Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chennai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chennai and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Madras Crocodile Bank
95% of people who visit Chennai include Madras Crocodile Bank in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
39.69% of people start their Madras Crocodile Bank visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Madras Crocodile Bank
91.96% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Madras Crocodile Bank
Madras Crocodile Bank Map
Madras Crocodile Bank Trips
Madras Crocodile Bank, Chennai Reviews
What a place !!! The kids had loads of fun seeing the crocodiles lazing around.. They just lie like rocks.. Initially we thought they were probably dead.. The sign boards all around have information you need at each pit.. We waited for a long time to get a glimpse of jaws ( the largest croc ) but he didn't get out of the water... A must do with the kids.. They enjoy themselves
Nice place to visit with kids. Kid enjoyed the Crocodile feeding. Feeding happens in different timings. We saw feeding at Sunday 11.30am. The schedule is written in a white board. We didn’t get a chance to see venom extraction because they are not doing it now. The environment in clean and well maintained. Good please to spend an hour.
Wanted to do something different on a weekend. Spent about 2 hours here and didn't realise time pass by at all. Very interesting place, lots of interesting reptiles to see. The animals are treated with respect and are maintained well. Time spent here is time spent well, the staff and the volunteers here are very kind and will answer all of your doubts. Must visit.
Great for kid's and families to appreciate reptiles which are in huge numbers. Visit early in the day. Holding baby crocks in the hand is no longer allowed. Igwana was a new addition and so was a very active monitor lizard. Great under water view in the crocodile aquarium.. amazing views. Can be covered easily in 90 minutes if no crowd.
Well Maintained.. Neat... One of the main attractions of the bank is the Crocodile Conservation Center. It is the largest breeding center of crocodiles in India and has bred thousands of crocodiles since its inception. The captive breeding program at the crocodile bank was so successful that by the 1990s there were over 8,000 crocodiles in residence, thousands had been reintroduced to the wild, and more sent to zoos and wildlife parks around the world. The CrocBank has supplied crocodile eggs, snakes, water monitors, lizards and iguanas for breeding programs and for exhibits.
All QuestionsMadras crocodile bank
- Bahnhof Drosendorf
- Gertrude Kirrer
- Baha'i Religionsgemeinschaft Mödling
- Neuberger Peter U Elisabeth - Weingut
- Kunsthandel Hannes Weiss
- Galerie Im Ersten Stock - Kunst Im Raum
- Stadttheater Mödling
- Puppen- U Spielzeug-Museum-Mödling
- Mödlinger TC
- Nicolas - Eine Art Galerie
- Schulbücherei D. BG Mödling