Madras Crocodile BankCurrently Closed
- Address: Madras Crocodile Bank Trust and Centre for Herpetology 4, Mamallapuram-603 104, Tamil Nadu, S. India, Chennai
- Timings: 08:30 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +9144-27472447
- Ticket Price: 40 INR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids
Craving for a creepy adventure in Chennai? The Madras Crocodile Bank is all about that! With creepy, crawly creatures all around this popular Chennai attraction is a major draw for everyone. One of the best things to do in Chennai with kids, the park receives a lot of footfall from school picnics and educational tours. Essentially, a reptile zoo and herpetology research station this place in the outskirts of the city. The attraction garnered quite a lot of attention in its initial day of instigation for being the first crocodile breeding centre in Asia. It has preserved and maintained a natural habitat for its inmates. This habitat also serves as an abode to several exquisite bird species and olive ridley sea turtles on a beach inside. You will find most of the endangered crocodile species that of Indian native. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Chennai itinerary 1 day.
- Catch the feeding sessions that happen every Sunday!
- Find out more about the summer camps and treks they hold.
- Don’t miss the aquarium.
- The small snake park inside this place is good too for a new learning experience.
- Also check out the snake venom extraction area.
- You will need quite some time to spend here so come when you have the time.
- Be sure to stroll through each of the rooms the Swami lived in for a clear idea of the principles he lived by throughout his life.
- The above-mentioned price is for adults.
- Children (below 10 years): INR 20 per person
- Night Safari tickets- Adults: INR 200; Children (below 10 years): INR 100
- Night safari: Tuesday to Saturday (By advance booking only) 7:00pm - 8:30pm
- Trains to Egmore and Chennai Central, which are very close.
- Be sure to ask local travelers or the bus conductor for more specific details.
- Vada Nemmeli Bus Station
- Royal Restaurant
- The Dhaba
- Mouthful’s Flame Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chennai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chennai and book an accommodation of your choice.
42.93% of people who visit Chennai include Madras Crocodile Bank in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
50.58% of people start their Madras Crocodile Bank visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Madras Crocodile Bank
91.64% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Madras Crocodile Bank
it's a good place to spend few hours of your weekend. The venom extraction centre is a special attraction. They have hundreds of snakes in clay pots, and they show an extraction on demand. There are 4 varieties of poisonous snake with them. The number of crocodiles is too much, I think even more than the carrying capacity of the place. but overall nice place, and the place is not that big also that you get tired after walking. volunteers and staff are cordial and well trained. They conduct walks and give information on all varieties.
If you love nature and reptiles..then this is a must visit place in Chennai. Beautiful place close to bay of Bengal and nice landscape makes more attractive to this place. Well conserved verieties of crocodiles and many more reptiles kept in natural habitat. One of the major attraction is snake venom extraction centre.. which you can see live which is great experience of your life. One of the largest crocodile in the country can be seen in this park which is more than 5 meter in length.
Great place located on ECR road. Very calm and peaceful environment. Bike ticket Rs 10 and entry for people is Rs 30 per head. Many types of crocodiles are in separate showcases. We can learn very quickly the crocodiles unknown lifestyle here. Very interesting.
More than 2000 crocodiles in one place. Well maintained. They have brought many species and reptiles from various countries. We went their with our kids. They really excited to see so many crocodiles, iguanas, turtles, tortoise. Fortunately we went during the feeding time of around 12.30. We saw the crocodiles swallowing their meat 🥩.
The crocodile's lover will definitely like this place. This place has different varieties of crocodile and the quantity of them is huge. Place is well maintained and clean. One can spent 2-3 hours over there exploring different Crocs and their behavior. The entry charge is Rs60 for Indian.