Madras Crocodile Bank2384 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Madras Crocodile Bank Trust and Centre for Herpetology 4, Mamallapuram-603 104, Tamil Nadu, S. India, Chennai
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +9144-27472447
- Ticket Price: 200 INR
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids
Craving for a creepy adventure in Chennai? The Madras Crocodile Bank is all about that! With creepy, crawly creatures all around this popular Chennai attraction is a major draw for everyone. One of the best things to do in Chennai with kids, the park receives a lot of footfall from school picnics and educational tours. Essentially, a reptile zoo and herpetology research station this place in the outskirts of the city. The attraction garnered quite a lot of attention in its initial day of instigation for being the first crocodile breeding centre in Asia. It has preserved and maintained a natural habitat for its inmates. This habitat also serves as an abode to several exquisite bird species and olive ridley sea turtles on a beach inside. You will find most of the endangered crocodile species that of Indian native. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Chennai itinerary 1 day.
Madras Crocodile Bank Travel Tips
- Catch the feeding sessions that happen every Sunday!
- Find out more about the summer camps and treks they hold.
- Don’t miss the aquarium.
- The small snake park inside this place is good too for a new learning experience.
- Also check out the snake venom extraction area.
- You will need quite some time to spend here so come when you have the time.
- Be sure to stroll through each of the rooms the Swami lived in for a clear idea of the principles he lived by throughout his life.
Entrance Ticket Details For Madras Crocodile Bank
- The above-mentioned price is for adults.
- Children (below 10 years): INR 20 per person
- Night Safari tickets- Adults: INR 200; Children (below 10 years): INR 100
Madras Crocodile Bank Hours
- Night safari: Tuesday to Saturday (By advance booking only) 7:00pm - 8:30pm
How to Reach Madras Crocodile Bank
- Trains to Egmore and Chennai Central, which are very close.
- Be sure to ask local travelers or the bus conductor for more specific details.
- Vada Nemmeli Bus Station
- Royal Restaurant
- The Dhaba
- Mouthful’s Flame Grill
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chennai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chennai and book an accommodation of your choice.
39.56% of people who visit Chennai include Madras Crocodile Bank in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
50.58% of people start their Madras Crocodile Bank visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Madras Crocodile Bank
91.64% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Madras Crocodile Bank