Tours for Marina Beach
About Marina Beach, Chennai
Stretching at a length of 13 kilometres, Marina beach is the second largest beach in the world. It is a natural beach, characterized by the urbaneness owing to its location in India’ metro Chennai. Fringing the mammoth Bay of Bengal, this beach runs from the Fort St. George in the north to Foreshore Estate in the south. However, the beach is often resorted to by locals for morning and evening walks along with some recreational activities along the beach. These facts also make it one of the most-visited beaches in India, drawing a footfall of 30,000-odd visitors per day.
For entertainment and recreation there are various avenues here like food stalls, sights of memorials and sculptures, an aquarium, a lovers’ spot, two swimming pools, an oval-shaped skating arena. Other than these, you will find lots of visitors flying kites and playing cricket here. Fisherman colonies at both the ends of the beach make for an interesting visit.
Marina Beach Information
- Though swimming in the sea isn’t allowed, there are two Olympic sized swimming pools along the beach.
- You should keep aside at least 2-3 hours to spend on the beach.
- It’s the most vibrant in the evenings as most of the crowd comes then. For those seeking peace, avoid the weekends and go as early as possible.
- Being such a long beach, those who enjoy leisurely walks can do so. There’s a jogger’s track and lover’s spot for those interested.
- The promenade has many statues, which are pretty interesting to see. Be sure to give them a look.
- According to reviewers, the beach isn’t particularly well maintained.
- It’s the most crowded on the weekends, so avoid that if large crowds irritate you.
- Parking is very hard to find on weekends and holidays.
- Be sure to stroll through each of the rooms the Swami lived in for a clear idea of the principles he lived by throughout his life.
- Bathing and swimming legally prohibited.
Marina Beach Opening and Closing Hours
- Open throughout though it isn’t advisable to go too late (post 12 am).
How To Get To Marina Beach by Public Transport
- To the beach: Buses 29A, 27B, S27B, Bus 22 all go to Anna Square from different parts of the city.
- From the beach: Bus S25G, 12G, 02A, S27H leave from Anna Square to different parts of the city.
- Thiruvallikeni MRTS Station
- Light House MRTS Station
- Thirumayilai Railway Station
- Mandaveli MRTS Station
Restaurants Near Marina Beach
- Dakshin (South Indian cuisine/approx. Rs. 3000 for two)
- Burgundy’s (Indian, Oriental, Italian and Continental/ Rs. 2,200 for two)
- Annalakshmi (South Indian, North Indian/ Rs. 800 for two)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chennai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chennai and book an accommodation of your choice.
Book Marina Beach Tickets And Tours
On this private sightseeing tour of Chennai, the capital city of Tamil Nadu, discover the cityâÂÂs architectural diversity with visits to popular landmarks including Fort St George, the Government Museum, the Madras High Court and the Ripon Building. As you explore this bustling metropolis and cultural hub, your private guide will teach you about the fusion of traditional Dravidian (South Indian) styles of architecture with European colonial influences. YouâÂÂll also discover Chennai's religious diversity while exploring San Thome Cathedral and Kapaleeshwar Temple, and soak in the vibrant beauty of the city with a stroll through a flower market.
Gingee Fort is one of the few forts that still in exist in Tamil Nadu. One of the most impenetrable forts of India, even given the name of 'Troy of the East' by the British. See the hidden fortress which was fought over by many different rulers in history and successfully protected the small town of Gingee from invaders.
Visit the City of One Thousand Temples, one of the seven most sacred pilgrim centers for the Hindus. Kanchipuram houses 108 temples, dedicated to Shiva and 18 to Vishnu. Aside from the temples, it is also known as the "Silk City" for its breathtaking, hand-woven sarees. The silk weavers of Kanchi go back more than 400 years and have given it an enviable reputation as the producer of the best silk sarees in the country.
Join us for the amazing 4-night tour that takes you to some of the most beautiful cities in India - Chennai, Mahabalipuram and Pondichery. Enjoy the 5 start luxurious hotels as well as beautiful beaches including Pondicherry Beach, Besant Nagar Beach and Marina Beach. Also visit some of the most famous temples and learn more about the history and local lifestyle of the Bengal region!
Share your experience - Rate Marina Beach, Chennai
While at Chennai its worth a visit to Marina beach with its array of statues of great people who made a difference. Of course one of the most notable being that of the father of the nation. Its a beautifully made statue dedicated to Gandhiji, and is the place where you can see specially north Indians. The place was unclean.
A tourist attraction.! World's second most longest Beach.! But mind you this place is dirty!The best time to come here is before sunrise or after sunset.! In the morning you can see people walking, jogging and sometimes you can even find people having a great time with their dogs.! You can find people fishing too! In the evening you can try horse riding, shooting and there is a lot of other fun activities as well.! Sundays you can find fish markets behind the beach!
The second longest beach in the world. Definitely a place to visit. Mornings and evenings are the best time to visit, otherwise it's too hot
Marina Beach is very good in so many ways, its a best place for morning excercise and there are so many people come for walking before sun rise,it's very good to see, Evening you will get cool breeze and best moon rays reflection on water-best place for stress buster This place is not a place to say something... ? This place is a place to feel something...🏖
one of the longest and largest beaches of India. nicely maintained by the government authorities. large beachside market and many stalls for fast-food. huge tourist attraction.
- Nearby Attractions
- Kalikambal Temple
- Anjaneya Temple
- I I T Madras
- Iskcon Temple Chennai
- St. Thomas Mount National Shrine
- Arignar Anna Zoological Park
- T Nagar And Ranganathan Street
- Arulmigu Marundeeswarar Temple
- Ashtalakshmi Temple
- The Anna Centenary Library
- Hotels Near Marina Beach
- Hotels Near Marina Beach
- 5 Star Hotels Near Marina Beach
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Marina Beach
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Marina Beach
- Budget Hotels Near Marina Beach
- Cheap Hotels Near Marina Beach
- Luxury Hotels Near Marina Beach
- Chennai Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Chennai
- 2 Days in Chennai
- 3 Days in Chennai
- 4 Days in Chennai
- 5 Days in Chennai
- 6 Days in Chennai
- 7 Days in Chennai