Ranganathar TempleCurrently Open [Closes at 12:00 pm]
- Address: Pudupet, Komaleeswaranpet, Chintadripet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600002, India
- Timings: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids
About Ranganathar Temple, Chennai
Dedicated to the Hindu lord of Ranganatha, this temple is one of the most important spiritual and religious places on Chennai. The Ranganatha deity is a resting form of Lord Vishnu, and hence is also one of the few idols that lie in this position. The temple is an alluring structure with beautiful intricate detailing in the architecture. Moreover, the journey towards this temple is highly picturesque owing to the number of farms and hamlets lacing this hamlet. The temple is engulfed by several eating options that you can resort to, pre or post your visit.
Ranganathar Temple Information
- The drive to the temple takes about 90 minutes from the city.
How To reach Ranganathar Temple by Public Transport
- Chennai Egmore train station
- Thiruvallikeni MRTS Station
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chennai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chennai and book an accommodation of your choice.
Ranganathar Temple Map
Ranganathar Temple, Chennai Reviews
Very neat and clean temple.
Ranganathar in reclining posture managed by a private trust
All QuestionsRanganathar temple
- Pioneer Park
- West Akers Lutheran Church
- United Lutheran Church
- United Methodist Church
- Kuziej Ken Pastor
- United Lutheran Parsonage
- Stamping Ground Christian Church
- Jennifer's Video Satellite And Home Theatre
- First Baptist Church
- Julius Blackburn House
- Corinth Christian Church
- Zion Baptist Church Education Building
- Stamping Ground Buffalo Springs
- Stonetown Haven
- William Campbell House