Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple, ChennaiCurrently Closed
- Address: Singarachari Street, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005 , India
- Timings: 05:30 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +9144-28442449
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
About Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple, Chennai
As you begin to explore Chennai, you will realize that there are several temples sprawling across the city. Each having its unique significance as per the Hindu religion is no short of an enlightening visit.
The Sri Parthasarathy Temple is this beautiful temple dating back to the 8th century, initiated by the Pallava dynasty. Dedicated to the Lord Krishna this temple belongs to the Hindu tradition of Vaishnavism. Apart from it religious significance the temple draws crowd for being one of the oldest structures of Chennai.
Inside the temple there are four shines of Vishnu that are worshipped. These shrines of Varaha, Narasimha, Rama and Krishna along with the temple’s coloured gopuram is what you must look forward to. From mid-February to mid-March, there is a festival called Theppam (Float) festival, which itself is considered an attraction. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Chennai itinerary 1 day.
Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple Information
- Be sure to take as much time as you can to appreciate this old homage to one of India’s most famous spiritual deities.
- Very crowded in the weekends, try to go in the morning on a weekday for peace and tranquility.
- Go early
- Read up on Lord Krishna, if you aren’t acquainted with his story as it will add to the over all experience.
How To reach Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple by Public Transport
- Train to Chennai Central is available.
- Be sure to ask local travelers or the bus conductor for more specific details.
- Thiruvallikeni MRTS Station
- Lady Wellington High School Bus Station
- Ice House Police Station Bus Station
Restaurants Near Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple
- Nair’s Mess (South Indian, Biriyani/ Rs. 200 for two)
- AnjapparChettinad (Chettinad/ N/A)
- Aahaar Bengali (North Indian, South Indian/ Rs. 500 for two)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chennai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chennai and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple
41.72% of people who visit Chennai include Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
66.81% of people start their Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple
81.69% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple
Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple, Chennai Reviews
Historic Lord Vishnu temple and a must visit. Approaching roads are narrow. The architecture of the temple depicts the skill of ancestors. Huge temple complex with multiple small temples with in. Will be crowded on all festive occasions. Temple staff are ok not so cooperative. Plan our visit and you can have a pleasant experience......
This is a Hindu Lord Krishna Temple and one of the most important and famous Divya desam temple. This temple is listed among 108 VAISHNAVA DIVYA DESA TEMPLES. MUST VISIT. Before visiting Tirumala Tirupathy one must visit this temple and seek blessings of Lord Parthasarthy and it is the tradition from good old times. இது ஒரு பிரபல இந்து கோயில். 108 வைணவ த்வுய தேச தலங்களில் ஓன்று. ஆழ்வார்களால் மங்களாசாசனம் செய்யப்பட்ட ஆலயம். திருப்பதி-திருமலையானை தரிசிக்கும் முன் இக்கோயிலுக்கு விஜயம் செய்து செல்ல வேண்டும் என்பது ஐதீகம்.
The concept of construction in a pond is itself wonderful. The best part is the temple, while itself been well located in the water, does not cover the water innecessarily, thus maintaining the beauty.
Historic Lord Vishnu temple and a must visit. Approaching roads are narrow. The architecture of the temple depicts the skill of ancestors. Huge temple complex with multiple small temples with in. Will be crowded on all festive occasions. Temple staff are ok not so cooperative. Plan our visit and you can have a pleasant experience.
God is Great. Very old temple. The main deity is massive and you can feel his Power.