Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple
Tours for Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple
About Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple, Chennai
As you begin to explore Chennai, you will realize that there are several temples sprawling across the city. Each having its unique significance as per the Hindu religion is no short of an enlightening visit.
The Sri Parthasarathy Temple is this beautiful temple dating back to the 8th century, initiated by the Pallava dynasty. Dedicated to the Lord Krishna this temple belongs to the Hindu tradition of Vaishnavism. Apart from it religious significance the temple draws crowd for being one of the oldest structures of Chennai.
Inside the temple there are four shines of Vishnu that are worshipped. These shrines of Varaha, Narasimha, Rama and Krishna along with the temple’s coloured gopuram is what you must look forward to. From mid-February to mid-March, there is a festival called Theppam (Float) festival, which itself is considered an attraction.
Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple Information
- Be sure to take as much time as you can to appreciate this old homage to one of India’s most famous spiritual deities.
- Very crowded in the weekends, try to go in the morning on a weekday for peace and tranquility.
- Go early
- Read up on Lord Krishna, if you aren’t acquainted with his story as it will add to the over all experience.
How To Get To Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple by Public Transport
- Train to Chennai Central is available.
- Be sure to ask local travelers or the bus conductor for more specific details.
- Thiruvallikeni MRTS Station
- Lady Wellington High School Bus Station
- Ice House Police Station Bus Station
Restaurants Near Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple
- Nair’s Mess (South Indian, Biriyani/ Rs. 200 for two)
- AnjapparChettinad (Chettinad/ N/A)
- Aahaar Bengali (North Indian, South Indian/ Rs. 500 for two)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Chennai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chennai and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Singarachari Street, Triplicane, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600005
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 05:30 am - 09:00 pm Details
Added 24.4K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Temple, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Book Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple Tickets And Tours
Join this private full-day tour to explore the history of Mahabalipuram, an important ancient port well known to the ancient Romans and Greeks. The group of monuments at Mahabalipuram has been classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and it is known as an area "considered to be of outstanding value to humanity". Mahabalipuram is today renowned the world over for its exquisite 6th century rock cut temples and intricate statues of stone. On the way you will also visit the DakshinaChitra, also known as the "living museum" of South India, to learn more about South Indian lifestyles and the Madras Crocodile Bank, a reptile zoo and herpetology research station, started by an herpetologist to protect crocodiles.
Book this convenient private arrival transfer service from Chennai International Airport (MAA) directly to your hotel in Chennai.
Get to the heart of Chennaiâs local culture with a jam-packed morning of art, spirituality, and food! Visit the ancient Marundeeswarar Temple, join an early-morning Hindu ceremony, learn the traditional art and mudras at Kalakshetra Dance Academy, and enjoy a traditional south Indian breakfast - talk about the ultimate way to start your day!
Ensure a hassle-free way to end your vacation in Chennai by pre-booking this private departure transfer from your Chennai hotel to the Chennai International Airport. When itâs time to leave the city, your professional and reliable driver will meet you in your hotel lobby. Then, relax in a private, air-conditioned vehicle as youâre driven directly to the airport â itâs that easy!
Share your experience - Rate Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple, Chennai
Temple is fantastic..divine.. the queue is diverted and managed well. The approaching road is pathetic. overflowing dustbins, cows on the road, fruit vendors make the road so narrow that one has to think twice before entering the road.on top of it there is no parking available.you rely on the flower vendor or the so called parking security who are not to be seen once you come out of the temple.poor management of parking and cleanliness.no maintenance of the temple premise.
Divine temple to visit many times. Situated in heart of chennai. Easily accessible from railway station and bis stand.
Bliss. Vibrant. Ancient place. Too good vibrations felt here.
Feel blessed. A very good temple with great drvidian architecture. But outside maintenance is not good and you will face parking problems for your foor wheeler.
i feel very much blessed... very powerful vishnu with his whole family. Narasimar also is there at back entrance. Great traditional temple with big tank in front....
- Nearby Attractions
- Kalikambal Temple
- Anjaneya Temple
- I I T Madras
- Iskcon Temple Chennai
- St. Thomas Mount National Shrine
- Arignar Anna Zoological Park
- T Nagar And Ranganathan Street
- Arulmigu Marundeeswarar Temple
- Ashtalakshmi Temple
- The Anna Centenary Library
- Hotels Near Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple
- Hotels Near Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple
- 5 Star Hotels Near Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple
- Budget Hotels Near Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple
- Cheap Hotels Near Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple
- Luxury Hotels Near Sri Parthasarathy Swamy Temple
- Chennai Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Chennai
- 2 Days in Chennai
- 3 Days in Chennai
- 4 Days in Chennai
- 5 Days in Chennai
- 6 Days in Chennai
- 7 Days in Chennai