St George's Cathedral2 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 224, Cathedral Road, Gopalapuram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600086, India Map
- Timings: 07:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +91-4428112740
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Religious Site, Cathedral
Previously known as the Church of England, the St George’s Cathedral is an Anglican church built in the 18th century. The Church of South India was inaugurated here in 1947, and thus this Chennai attraction holds crucial importance in the history of the city. The Church of India is one of the most important churches in India given the fact that it ranks second in the list the most populated (number of members) church in India. The church dates back to two centuries, adding to the vintage appeal of itself.
St George's Cathedral Hours
- There are Holy Eucharist from Monday to Saturday at 7:30am.
- Every month on the first, third and fifth Sundays are dedicated to Choral Eucharist and Sermon is held at 7:30am.
- The Evensong and sermon commences at 6:00pm.
How to Reach St George's Cathedral
- U.S.I.S Bus Station
- Gemini P.H Bus Station
- Semmozhi Park bus station
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Chennai before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Chennai and book an accommodation of your choice.
- St George's Cathedral Address: 224, Cathedral Road, Gopalapuram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600086, India
- St George's Cathedral Contact Number: +91-4428112740
- St George's Cathedral Timing: 07:30 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit St George's Cathedral: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.03% of people who visit Chennai include St George's Cathedral in their plan
95% of people start their St George's Cathedral visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see St George's Cathedral
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting St George's Cathedral
People normally club together Arulmigu Sri Muppathamman Temple and Click Art Museum while planning their visit to St George's Cathedral.
St George's Cathedral Reviews & Ratings
Is there an English service on Sunday mornings… if so… timing please? Thank youAnswer Report Abuse